Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default The death penalty

What can be done to bring it back? Besides beating the ANC at the voting stations. That is the only way to stop senseless murders. I just heard of a hi-jacking go wrong where the son of my boss of 16 years back were shot and killed. They are such good people and did not deserve this. I really feel something can and must be done. There must be a way. We are all potencial victoms. You can just quickly go to the shops for a bottle of milk, but it may cost you your life!!! I think this is just BS.

This is something I read just Friday, sorry it's in Afrikaans but all he said is so true.
    http://www.volksblad.com/Rubrieke/Wa...egter-20130222

Default Re: The death penalty

I understand your frustration, but in my opinion i could not trust this goverment with that power. Dont get me wrong i agree with the death penalty, but who here can be trusted? Maybe the only answer is for people to legally arm themselves and train train train. I cannot think of any other options!

PCF, what would help us are the "Stand your ground" and "Castle doctrine" laws of the USA I believe. Criminals know that they are "protected game". And with little to lose when going to jail? It creates a massive problem.

User

But ironically, when you stand your ground, it is then when you are killed. Just remember you can't have your guns with you always. Myself as an example, I am not allowed to take it to work. Sometimes I must work overtime, one day up to 1H00 the morning. Then you must walk to your car and drive back, all of this unarmed. The person I talked about here was shot in front of his workplace. Even if he owned a gun and trained a lot it would not have made a difference. Because it would have been locked up in his safe. At your home it will make a big difference, but not in real life, working hours etc..

Bring on the death penalty!

The Constitutional Court ruled it to be unconstitutional. To bring it back, you'll have to amend the constitution first. The bit that ensures the right to life is in chapter 2 of the constitution, which requires the ruling party to have a 75% majority to amend, something which few parties will ever achieve.

To put it bluntly, you cannot bring it back. Nor can Jacob Zuma.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

PC as i sit here and type i have a G19 on my hip and a 38spl on the ankle. I live like this everyday all the time. Weather i run, even when riding my bike in the bush, today i had at least one gun on my body. Its become a way of life for me. How can i put it? Even in the crapper i have a gun on my body. Last years holiday at the sea, i swam with a 38spl in a waterproof moonbag on the beach. Ive been hi-jacked 3 times and im still typing!

With the current SAPS and judicial systems in such a mess I would not trust the current government with the power to execute people. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the death penalty, but there's just too much wrong with the whole administrative process for me to trust them with such a great responsibility. Please pass my condolences on..

User

This is very sad.

From what I've seen on the news I think situaltional awareneness was the big factor that was lacking. It was opening/closing time. Alone in parking area, 3 guys. The big shit happned when he started fighting back. So cudos there for him. But fighting 3 armed guys unless you have zero choice is a bad idea, even more so when surprised.

But, RIP to him and the passer by the shot.

what i was trying to say is, carry always!

User

Quote Originally Posted by spiggs View Post
    PC as i sit here and type i have a G19 on my hip and a 38spl on the ankle. I live like this everyday all the time. Weather i run, even when riding my bike in the bush, today i had at least one gun on my body. Its become a way of life for me. How can i put it? Even in the crapper i have a gun on my body. Last years holiday at the sea, i swam with a 38spl in a waterproof moonbag on the beach. Ive been hi-jacked 3 times and im still typing!
    My gun is also with me right now, so I will at least have a fighting chance if there can be a break-in in my house right now. I never leave doors unlocked. My friends always tell me jy is n banggat. That may be true, but I believe you should not invite them by leaving doors open. Tommorrow I must go to work, unarmed, unfortunately.. Then I'm at the mercy of the robber. I just can't take it to work with me and are not prepared to leave my gun in the car, even if I had a propper safe in the car. So basically I am not able to defend myself, though it is my right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast