Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: .416 Ruger

User

Default Re: .416 Ruger

Try VLT pretoria they're the agents, got a verbal quote of +- R14000 for the Ruger alaskan in Dec 2012 in memory serves.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Evening all
    Im a trail guide and this rifle is exactly what im looking for, does any one know who stocks these rifles and what price I can expect to pay. Also how do the hornady dangerous game solids compare to monolithic solids?
    Thanks
    Hi Rich

Where are you a Trails guide? I'm a Trails guide in Madikwe, I speak under correction (and will find out) but I'm required by the company I guide for to carry factory rounds. All that kak about if the brown stuff hits the fan and its a bad reload then you're in the poo, nonsense. I trust my own reloads more than factory rounds.

User

Quote Originally Posted by mokwepa View Post
    Hi Rich

Where are you a Trails guide? I'm a Trails guide in Madikwe, I speak under correction (and will find out) but I'm required by the company I guide for to carry factory rounds. All that kak about if the brown stuff hits the fan and its a bad reload then you're in the poo, nonsense. I trust my own reloads more than factory rounds.
    Still waiting for a response from the main manne of Madikwe.

Apparently FGASA won't back us if we carry reloads because we are protecting guests and not ourselves (still need to confirm this statement).

Sorry, I'm not trying to hijack.

User

Tried vlt arms today they are only expecting a shipment in end of April beggining of may. Mokwepa i have worked in the lowveld for 8 years mostly in the sabi sandsand whant to do a bit of free lancing.

I have shot a buff with the .416 Ruger and it crumples them and generally is not very different from the .416 Rigby.

User

apologies on reviving this old thread :

my question is how is the recoil of these 416 Rugers , especially without the muzzle break ?

User

I have a Ruger Alaskan 416 (20"). Recoil is not bad in my opinion but I added an additional slip on pad to reduce the recoil even further and push the gun out from the shoulder a little more as it feels more comfortable for me. I would not waste my time with a muzzle break. I shoot on average 20 400gr rounds at 2250f/s no problem.

User

After posting my question in July 2015 , I purchased the 416 Ruger , I have the Alaskan model in SS with the black synthetic stock .

i also have a 416 Rigby and I absolutely love the Ruger , light easy to carry and a pleasure to shoot.

it will remain one of my better purchases.

User

I have the same model. I would be interested to know your load data if you reload as i am building a data base for the Ruger 416 as there is very little load data available.

User

Sure no problem , I am using a Swift A frame in 350g , I will pull out the info

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast