Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Grand Power X-calibur

Hi all..

Had the opportunity to handle the above this weekend. I'm after a new handgun - something for sport / IPSC style shooting but also something that can be carried concealed if need be. More just for the need for a new pistol and some target shooting.

I am struck by the really good build quality of the weapon. Feels good cycling it and feeling the trigger pull and reset (all done sans ammunition unfortunately). I know at least one of the guys in the club I belong to that owns and shoots one of these but I have yet to actually fire one. Perhaps I will be able to use on at the next club shoot but until then I will depend on the opinions of others... I already own a Shadow and a S&W M&P9 (full size).

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on these? Thoughts and opinions freely accepted as hopefully given. Price was around the R14k mark at my local dealer. I see the GP K100 is thought of quite well by the guys on this forum and the interwebs via a search.

lithium

User

Default Re: Grand Power X-calibur

AFAIK there is only one Xcaliber being used at this time(and used exceedingly well, at that!), and that is probably the one you handled.
    I have played with and handled it a bit, but also haven't had the oppurtunity to shoot it. I was also very impressed with the quality and the workmanship. The trigger is incredible. IMHO it will be a bear to carry concealed. Its quite big and has many sharp corners. For purely sport it should be great, for carry and a bit of IPSC, I personally would rather get the K100.
    No matter which one you choose, I'm sure you will be happy. Great guns.

User

I love my K100!! It is my first gun, and i have only fired a glock other than the GP and for me it was not even a comparison of which to buy.

User

Thanks for the input guys.

Grandpower are the shizzle. Reliable, accurate and they chew n spit anything you put in there. Love my K100, going to be after the Xcalibur soon...

User

I fired a couple of rounds with one of these afew weeks ago at a shoot hosted at Toti Combat Club. The specific gun had feeding issues, not sure if the owner sorted it, but one thing was for sure....it would be an awsome Production class IPSC gun! Being use to my STI, I normally tend to be slower on the long double action guns, but this X caliber had a brilliant trigger and the point of aim ws spot on for fast accurate shot placement. I have several friends using the CZ Shadow, but I would be hard pressed to walk pass an x calibre..even at the additional cost.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

did the gun has issues or the gun had issues with the type of ammo used ?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    did the gun has issues or the gun had issues with the type of ammo used ?
    KK20, I would have to say the gun, not the ammo, I think his extractor might not be functioning properly, small glitch IMHO, and I would not slate the gun at all due to it. I think this pistol would be a brilliant Production gun, time will tell if the SA market bites into it. I know last year Guy Stockbridge handed our proverbial backsides to us with a Gran power and it wasn't even the Excalibre, he won Production class, and even if we took his scores to Standard Minor, he would STILL have won the match....that Boytjie CAN shoot, but the arrow helped as well....

User

What color were the followers on the mags? Grand Power have changed followers due to some of the followers not working as well as they should. The new mags have red followers.

I had one mag that would also not feed properly. Once the new follower was installed the problem went away. On the old worn follower the round sometimes caught on the mag. As if the follower was not pushing the round up enough. It happened after about 1500 rounds were put through the mag.

Does this sound like to problem he experienced?

Quote Originally Posted by StefanM View Post
    What color were the followers on the mags? Grand Power have changed followers due to some of the followers not working as well as they should. The new mags have red followers.

I had one mag that would also not feed properly. Once the new follower was installed the problem went away. On the old worn follower the round sometimes caught on the mag. As if the follower was not pushing the round up enough. It happened after about 1500 rounds were put through the mag.

Does this sound like to problem he experienced?
    Stefan. Got my X-calibur January - very nice soft accurate shooter with an unbelievable trigger out of the box. I only had feeding problems with very light loads at first but now she's ticking like a clock. Are the new mag followers available from the dealers yet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast