User

Default Info for Motivation required .375 vs 30-06

Hi All,

I already own a 30-06 which I bought and licensed in 2008. I now have an opportunity to obtain (inherit) my father-in-laws .375 H&H. I went in to SAPS to submit an application for my new Glock 19 recently and have since received an approval (yipee) however whilst I was at SAPS, I enquired about the .375.

They advised me to apply as a new license holder and as I am already competant in hand gun and rifle, and that I already own a 30-06, my motivation needs to CLEARLY indicate why I want / need the .375.

I was hoping someone might know of some websites which contain comparitive factual ballistic and terminal data on the 30-06 vs. .375 for me to brouse and put a motivation together - sure I am aware of the difference in size, performance and taget animals capable of being hunted by both cals however the SAPS have made it quite clear that I need to specify why one can do something the other cant and vica versa.

Any suggestions? The websites I find do not specifically tell you "a .375 cal is best suited to bushveld conditions an is the optimum choice of caliber recomended for larger game species such as Kudu and Eland. It is also the minimum caliber required to hunt any dangerous game in SA... etc... etc"

Alternatively, if any of you may have been in a similar situation, would you mind sharing what you did to successfully obtain the license as an "occasional hunter"

User

Default Re: Info for Motivation required .375 vs 30-06

Imo forget about the"vs 3006" and motivate the 375 for what it is! A great all rounder best suited for large game and make the legal minimum for dangerous game, etc. etc.

User

Default Re: Info for Motivation required .375 vs 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by Clint357 View Post
    Imo forget about the"vs 3006" and motivate the 375 for what it is! A great all rounder best suited for large game and make the legal minimum for dangerous game, etc. etc.
    This.

I dont think the CFR cares about 30-06 vs 375