Fellow members / friends
Please allow me to thank the founders of the Gunsite website, and to all the friends that I have met through the site / forums
I have been introduced to hunting by a friend about 6 years ago. Although my grandparents and prior to them, were full blooded farmers, my parents took a different route and I became a city boy – although every school holiday I was on the farm with my grandparents - , and hunting was never on my mind.
Well until, this friend took me on the first hunting trip – and I became addicted. Each year I could not wait for the hunting season to open, and we set off on our trip. Recon it was always in my blood, and came out when I shot the first impala – so like a dormant DNA cell that came alive again

Anyway – as my friend was a farmer himself (and never hunted on his own farm) , a professional hunter , a SA shot ( competitions ) , and a gun collector , I never thought of buying my own rifle – he always just asked “ So what rifle should I take for you “ – problem soled
And as it may be, during Feb 2012, he passed away – sadly
So life do not stand still , and I certainly did not want to stop hunting – this gogga has bitten me – and after a discussion with the family it was agreed
The dilemma I faced now was … where to from now. I had so many questions
And then I stumbled upon – GUNSITE
So although I have learnt a lot – I think what is very important is that it all boils down to personal choice, however personal choice happens when you get the answer to your questions. But you need to learn about everyone’s opinion / suggestions etc . Thee more feedback you receive the better you can make your choice - From good reports to lesser good report. And even to share one,s own experience. All comments made me make my choice
So to everyone who have given opinions , choices , shared experience on gunsite – ( and I,m not going to point out any particular person ) – Thank you – I salute you
From ( no particular order )
· What rifle
· Where to hunt / Farms
· What to hunt
· Motivations
· Shooting ranges
· What scope
· Silencers
· What bullets ….. make / grain etc
· Shot placement
· Licence process ( CFR )
· …… and so many more

I am now a proud owner of a 30-06 Browning and a 7x57 Voere (for my son – who will join me for his first hunting trip end of June ) , and next year ( 2014 ) my daughter ( just need to choose between a 308 or 270 for her )
Thank you to everyone for all the valuable inputs , it is great to meet friends like you

So for all new members – welcome, this is the place to be if you need information

With hunting season close ( except if you lucky - and knows someone who knows someone who knows someone - and already started hunting ) I wish you all the best and happy hunting