Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: CZ 75 P07 Duty - first gun and first time gun owner Part 1

Rizla basically you do no want to lose your element of surprise if the fa is printing, yes you can carry it as you have said but you may as well also just paint a big ass target on your back. The point of ccw is to give yourself a greater chance in the fight with the element of surprise and not make yourself a greater target to any threat.

Main reason I am asking is that my current setup (shoulder rig and OWB holster) are not working for me, as I would like them to.
    Here is why...
    Shoulder rig - it is comfortable in the car or at work (format dress code), but...
    Considering formal dress code, I have to carry FA under my shirt, which is ok as far as hiding it is concern, but in case I need to use it, well I am F...ed.
    I can carry it over my shirt, but then I need light jacket or something to cover it up which isn't good idea.
    I ordered IWB holster from Geoff, so I will see how that works on day to day basis. At this moment OWB holster covered by jersey works the best. Comfy in the car, or when I sit at my desk. Downfall - I look like have a hump on my waist...
    I really hope IWB holster from Carter will address all my concerns......

I'm pretty sure it will.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Only one firearm I know of is designed to be carried on half-cocked position. Russian Tokarev.

If you practise a lot with your gun and you feel that you can safely lower the hammer by hand onto a live round, then you can carry it like that. Please keep in mind that it is still dangerous to do.

I shoot my CZ75 in SSP class in SADPA, and as such is required to shoot the first round in "double action" mode. My CZ75 is not fitted with a de-cocker and I have never had an AD by lowering the hammer with my hand. Have fired close to 35k rounds now.

The Duty is a great gun and should provide a lifetime of happy shooting.

I shoot my CZ75 in SSP class in SADPA, and as such is required to shoot the first round in "double action" mode. My CZ75 is not fitted with a de-cocker and I have never had an AD by lowering the hammer with my hand. Have fired close to 35k rounds now.
    Were you present at the last NSO at CDPC where the one shooter did exactly that and had an AD? Luckily into the backstop. Was a shared firearm. I think it highlights the risk, especially for a novice shooter.

User

I have a CarterIWB holster, very comfortable and concealable, being less than 65kg, I was very worried about "Being Made" but my Duty pretty much disappears with the Carter IWB.

On the topic of cocked and locked, vs dropping the hammer, I converted my Duty from safety to De-cocker as I didn't like the lack of a "positive" engagement with the original safety and preferred to carry with the hammer down.

I discovered then, that the De-cocker only drops the hammer to half cock? I'm assuming that if CZ is happy with that, then I should be too, it still niggles in the back of my mind though....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Were you present at the last NSO at CDPC where the one shooter did exactly that and had an AD? Luckily into the backstop. Was a shared firearm. I think it highlights the risk, especially for a novice shooter.
    Yes I was present. I was the SO!

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Yes I was present. I was the SO!
    Ah. Wasn't sure if it was your or Joe's range :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
    First gun - first time gun owner...

The main purpose of this review is to give you personal opinions regarding CZ 75 P07 Duty from the perspective of first time gun owner, as well as first gun owned.
    I am not an expert regarding handguns or any other weapons for that matter, so it will give you inside of someone who owns his first gun.

Gun came in nice back box with golden latches and CZ logos all over.
    Inside there is a gun (obviously...) 2 mags holding 16 rounds each, cleaning rods, manuals and CD.
    My gun came with safety instead of decocker and magazine release was configured for right-handed people. So, as a lefty my first thing was to change it. There is a powerpoint presentation on CD how to do it, but as far as I am concern it made no sense, so I looked on youtube and found quite good clip of how it must be done. I can tell you now, I am glad I do not have to do it again as it is pain in the ass. Other than that everything else is easy.
    Some may ask about guiding rod which is plastic, but new CZ comes with the rod that is flatten at the end to keep that spring on it, not like previous once where spring could come off as soon as you removed guide rod from the slide. It makes life so much easier to assemble everything.
    There were lots of people complaining about it, so CZ made a change.
    Removing the slide took time to get use to it, but now I can do it under 15 sec. I won't field strip that gun, so as far as I am concern 15 sec or 5 min makes not difference in my eyes.
    Everything was covered in protective grease/oil, so I did strip everything to get it clean. I think guys in CZ submerged this gun and magazines in oil. Everything was greasy. Anyway, after cleaning it, I did what most probably do - lube slide railing and any other part that was shinning (signs of friction). I used cotton buds to give all parts nice lube cover. I thought that by using cotton buds I won't put too much or too little. Sometimes little is more, so I did what felt right.
    After quick maintenance, I got everything back together (no spare parts left, so I did good job), I racked slide couple of times to make sure that lube is evenly distributed and any small excess has been wiped off.
    So, that what I did as far as cleaning handgun is concern and preparing it for shooting range use.
    Here is my first experience on the range with this gun.
    Well, it feels perfect in my hand. Not too big and not too small either. All my fingers have perfect place on the gun and fit. I still can't find correct place for my right hand, but I hope that will come in time.
    As a comparison - first 2 targets are from using Glock19 and CZ P07 Duty.
    1st target is CZ and 2nd target is Glock. Those were taken when I tried Glock and CZ before I bought CZ.
    Range Experience in Part 2...
    Attachment 10084Attachment 10085Attachment 10086Attachment 10087Attachment 10088
    I have bought one of these too and I am just waiting (feels like forever) for my license. I fell in love with this gun as well, feels great in the hands, i have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind:

1 - What did you use to clean and lube it
    2 - Did you have any issues FTF, FTE with the different ammo used
    3 - Heard issues (mag release and frame bulge) with original serial numbers of this gun, did you experience anything of the sort and what batch serial number is yours ( you can just give the first 2: A8 or B1) as apparently those issues were resolved with the later serial numbers

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuiz View Post
    I have bought one of these too and I am just waiting (feels like forever) for my license. I fell in love with this gun as well, feels great in the hands, i have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind:

1 - What did you use to clean and lube it
    2 - Did you have any issues FTF, FTE with the different ammo used
    3 - Heard issues (mag release and frame bulge) with original serial numbers of this gun, did you experience anything of the sort and what batch serial number is yours ( you can just give the first 2: A8 or B1) as apparently those issues were resolved with the later serial numbers
    1 - What did you use to clean and lube it -Just wipe off excess of lube and make it nice and dry. To lube, I use cotton buds dipped in Tri-flow or full synthetic oil for my motorbike...
    2 - Did you have any issues FTF, FTE with the different ammo used -No issues at all. I tried different makes of ammo and I did not have any problems so far. No FTF or FTE. I also used reloads that my friend does for himself and those which jammed in his gun (non CZ gun... :-) ), work flawlessly in mine.
    3 - Heard issues (mag release and frame bulge) with original serial numbers of this gun, did you experience anything of the sort and what batch serial number is yours ( you can just give the first 2: A8 or B1) as apparently those issues were resolved with the later serial numbers - S/N:B12 No issues with mag release or frame bulge. I shot little over 1000 rounds - no issues. Hopefully gonna stay that way...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast