Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    User

Default Show & Tell your SAS Kit

So I am in the process of putting together my kit for SAS, level 1.

Seen quite a few different options, variations and suggestions. I also know it comes down to personal preference as to what works for you and what does not.

So post some pictures of your kit, list the items and feel free to comment on what, why, etc.

Default Re: Show & Tell your SAS Kit

I have a Delta 5 with some condor pouches on it. I dont carry anything on the back, so that its not in the way of my L2 pack.On the front I have a FAkit, 4 LM mags (but I can carry 6), cleaning kit and the rest of the L1 gear,

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
    I have a Delta 5 with some condor pouches on it. I dont carry anything on the back, so that its not in the way of my L2 pack.On the front I have a FAkit, 4 LM mags (but I can carry 6), cleaning kit and the rest of the L1 gear,
    How do you carry water? In the level 2 pack?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

If I am not mistaken the Delta 5 has hydration facilities built in.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PesVis View Post
    How do you carry water? In the level 2 pack?
    The Camelback Delta 5 has an internal water bladder.

I did my first L1 with a normal daypack and water bottles. Possible, but as CorditeCrazy has mentioned in another thread a bladder is much better for drinking on the move.

I then upgraded to a NNB molle-vest which I got for a good price at Army surplus stores with three mag pouches, a map pocket and a utility bag on front and a Source hydration pack Molle'd to the back. That worked great but the vest does get very, very hot.

I've now standardised on a pattern 83 (I think) SADF chest rig with the hydration bladder on the back. That allows for six mags which exceeds the L1 ammo requirements for the L1 with the LM, or five mags and extra boxes of .22 ammo for the 15-22.

That also makes fitting my L2 over it easier for which I use the old pattern 70-something kidney-pouch harnass for my L2 gear.

Contents is as per the packing list (www.sportsadventureshooting.co.za) with very little extras - mainly extra ammo for my secondary (handgun), another litre of water and some bandages and stuff.

Start with what you have and then build your kit from that, letting your needs and experience guide you.
    Last edited by JS4; 24-04-2013 at 09:57.

My Delta 5 has a built in bladder for 3lt. In my L2 kit, I carry in 2 x 1lt water bottles. This set up works for me because L2 gear is for extended use and thus you will have time to recover the bottles if needed from inside the pack. I like having both bottles and bladder.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    I've now standardised on a pattern 83 (I think) SADF chest rig with the hydration bladder on the back. That allows for six mags which exceeds the L1 ammo requirements for the L1 with the LM, or five mags and extra boxes of .22 ammo for the 15-22.

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    That also makes fitting my L2 over it easier for which I use the old pattern 70-something kidney-pouch harnass for my L2 gear.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

I also carry my L1 gear in a Camelback Delta 5. I think the biggest factor in choosing a good setup is the type of rifle you are using because this dictates how you carry your ammo. If you have a modern SLR with large cap mags your setup will be very different to a guy using a bolt rifle with internal magazine or a guy with a pump shotgun. You can have a similar base vest but your pouches will be different.

Sean.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

User

I need to follow this thread. Show us some pics.

User

Ok, these are not the best pics to show the setup but they are all I have right now.

The pouches in the front are mag pouches and the one at the back has some of the other Level 1 requirements. The vest also has some internal pouches in the front on both sides and i have some of the soft stuff there like gloves, space blanket, garbage bag etc.

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast