Thread: RBCD AMMO

User

Default RBCD AMMO

Good day to one and all.

I was browsing a couple of sites on carry ammo and come apon www.rbcd.net.

Seems like they have killer ammo and i would love to know if what they state is true

and where can i get me some of these cfd89 fighting0035

User

Default Re: RBCD AMMO

I can only speak for the handgun ammo. As with most high speed, low weight projectiles they have woefully inadequate penetration. Nothing less than 12 inches in ballistic gelatin should be considered sufficient. As for their permanent cavity claims, they are BS. Stick to well known, properly tested hollowpoints

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dave
    I can only speak for the handgun ammo. As with most high speed, low weight projectiles they have woefully inadequate penetration. Nothing less than 12 inches in ballistic gelatin should be considered sufficient. As for their permanent cavity claims, they are BS. Stick to well known, properly tested hollowpoints
    The good Dr. is right. 10" of penetration is not sufficient.
    Stick with tried and tested JHP's, most decent mid weight JHP ammo from Winchester, ATK (Speer/Federal), Remington will perform far better than RBCD stuff (based on their penetration tables).

User

Yet another "magic bullet" As mentioned previously stick with a quality JHP from a large manufacturer,

BTW I can't remember the last time I saw someone passing off shooting clay blocks as anything.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT
    Yet another "magic bullet" As mentioned previously stick with a quality JHP from a large manufacturer,

BTW I can remember the last time I saw someone passing off shooting clay blocks as anything.
    Yeah. Magtech is also another good option if you go for the mid/heavy weight JHP's.

Banned

This bullet (Le Mas / RBCD BMT) has in fact been touched on before, when the THV was last discussed and opinions and experts were being thrown around like two dollar hookers at a sailor's convention (see here: http://www.gunsite.co.za/forum/ammun...hv-bullets/45/).

This bullet (or rather propriety type or brand of bullet) was the subject of some testing and conjecture a few years ago amongst the experts (notably Doctors Vail and Roberts) as well, with both parties posting equally gory pictures and nastier comments towards t'other to substantiate each party's argument and claims, see here for example:

http://www.defensereview.com/dr-sydn...-animal-tests/

The article above (downlaodeable as a neat PowerPoint) addresses a host of issues and concerns regarding, amongst other things, test medium and penetration (or rather lack thereof). Agree with Vail or not he does nevertheless make some very salient observations regarding the study of wound ballistics and the various claims made.

IMO the field (dare one say "science"?) of wound ballistics is so new and fuzzy that for any one party to claim themselves (or another) as THE ballistic expert and pooh-pooh others is massively presumptuous at this juncture. To quote Peter Flack on the matter of self-proclaimed experts... "After all, an “ex” is a has been and a “spert” is merely a drip under pressure.".

As per your original question (i.e. what they state is true) though, I doubt that you'd find the answer to your question easily or locally... nor would you find this specific ammo so why bother? hpy180

User

To one an all who gave "spert" advice i give a hearty thanks. lv29

I just thought it sounded far to good to be true.

Now this is the reason why i love this site..response within the hour to any question! lv29