User

Default Riverbend (GA) FAL (R1) match Saturday 8th May

Since we seem to have a lot of US members here, I hope it is OK to post this here. See http://www.rbgc.org/FAL%20Match/FALmain.htm for more info. Any members in the US that want to shoot but do not have an FAL, I will gladly let you shoot mine with quality ammo.

Every year in the spring RBGC plays host to a match celebrating ‘The Free World’s Right Arm” the FN- FAL rifle. Issued to troops of over 80 countries, the Fusil Automatique Léger (Light Automatic Rifle) or FAL was created by the famed Belgian armaments manufacturer Fabrique Nationale de Herstal (FN), and manufactured under license in many countries around the world. The semi-auto version is still quite popular among civilian shooters.

This rifle has a dedicated following of River Bend members who created a match specifically to challenge the capabilities of this unique rifle. Including both target and "action" stages, the FAL Match at River Bend is a truly unique, exciting, and fun match! Keeping with the spirit and purpose of this match, only FN-FAL type rifles are allowed.<br>
    New this year - we will also hold a Browning Hi Power side match this year!Match Description: Match for FAL rifles only…this will be part action rifle and part target shooting.
    Date: Saturday, May 8, 2010 – Rain or shine
    Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
    Location: River Bend Gun Club – Dawson County GA (see map at http://www.rbgc.org)
    This year we will shoot on RBGC's new Action Shooting Complex!
    Participants: Members and non-members of River Bend Gun Club are invited. If participant is under the age of 18, a release must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
    Entry Fee: $20.00 per shooter. There will be a limit of 50 shooters.
    Awards: There will be awards for top positions for each of two categories in 3 classes and some fun trophies too.
    Equipment: FAL, at least 5 magazines and pouches to carry them. 150-200 rounds of ammunition.
    Meals: Please plan on bringing a lunch since it will be an all day event.

User

Quote Originally Posted by hagar View Post
    Since we seem to have a lot of US members here, I hope it is OK to post this here. See http://www.rbgc.org/FAL%20Match/FALmain.htm for more info. Any members in the US that want to shoot but do not have an FAL, I will gladly let you shoot mine with quality ammo.

Every year in the spring RBGC plays host to a match celebrating ‘The Free World’s Right Arm” the FN- FAL rifle. Issued to troops of over 80 countries, the Fusil Automatique Léger (Light Automatic Rifle) or FAL was created by the famed Belgian armaments manufacturer Fabrique Nationale de Herstal (FN), and manufactured under license in many countries around the world. The semi-auto version is still quite popular among civilian shooters.

This rifle has a dedicated following of River Bend members who created a match specifically to challenge the capabilities of this unique rifle. Including both target and "action" stages, the FAL Match at River Bend is a truly unique, exciting, and fun match! Keeping with the spirit and purpose of this match, only FN-FAL type rifles are allowed.<br>
    New this year - we will also hold a Browning Hi Power side match this year!Match Description: Match for FAL rifles only…this will be part action rifle and part target shooting.
    Date: Saturday, May 8, 2010 – Rain or shine
    Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
    Location: River Bend Gun Club – Dawson County GA (see map at http://www.rbgc.org)
    This year we will shoot on RBGC's new Action Shooting Complex!
    Participants: Members and non-members of River Bend Gun Club are invited. If participant is under the age of 18, a release must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
    Entry Fee: $20.00 per shooter. There will be a limit of 50 shooters.
    Awards: There will be awards for top positions for each of two categories in 3 classes and some fun trophies too.
    Equipment: FAL, at least 5 magazines and pouches to carry them. 150-200 rounds of ammunition.
    Meals: Please plan on bringing a lunch since it will be an all day event.
    Oh hell no! Enough of this, all this talk of FAL's and quality ammo is making me delirious

Sounds Great!
    (Waiting 9 months for my Liksensi) sigh...

Good luck to all participants.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Eating in front of the hungry! Nice!
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Default Re: Riverbend (GA) FAL (R1) match Saturday 8th May

Another year has gone by, and another Riverbend match. Yous troely managed to come 2nd in the target division, but his arse was outrun by younger and fitter members in the action event. Shot my shorty para FAL in both stages, and it performed exceptionally well.