Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Will Dedicated Hunter Status get me my semi-auto shotgun license?

Hi all, I completed my Dedicated Hunter Status and applied for my semi-auto shotgun license. Now I hear some people say I should have done Dedicated Sport Shooter. What now? Will Dedicated Hunter not help me?

User

Default Re: Will Dedicated Hunter Status get me my semi-auto shotgun license?

Yes it will, just motivate it right.

I had my motivation done by www.lawc.co.za and got my semi for hunting

User

Thank you, I wrote a motivation myself. So lets hope for the best.

User

Was your license approved?
    Do you have any tips for the motivation.

thank you
    Jacques

I have a quick question if it is possible for a normal citizen with dedicated shooters status and all that to have a larger than 5 round mag? I see 20Rd mags for sale so I am interested in looking, I would love to get a saiga 12 and get 10,12 and 20 rd magazines instead of 5 rd bllsht

User

In SA yes, its legal.

If your association presents sport shooting, which I believe the hunters associations do and provided you are a member, they should be able to support your application and there should be no problem in getting it approved.

So in essence what you are saying is that you joined dedicated hunters just to get a semi auto with a large mag. No wonder CFR is having kittens and threatening to come down on all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    So in essence what you are saying is that you joined dedicated hunters just to get a semi auto with a large mag. No wonder CFR is having kittens and threatening to come down on all of us.
    Conclusions being jumped to here?

How about this scenario: "A long standing dedicated hunter wants to shoot SADPA DMG. He has just joined SADPA, and still needs to get his "points on the board" to get DSS through SADPA, or for them to give an endorsement that says "Mr X holds DSS with us, and this firearm can be used in the discipline indicated"."

Now semis can be used for wingshooting (within the criteria sent out in the ordinance). Where is someone crooking the "system", or are you referring to Moonstryder's question (which does not refer to DHS, but rather DSS)?

Conclusions being jumped to here?

How about this scenario: "A long standing dedicated hunter wants to shoot SADPA DMG. He has just joined SADPA, and still needs to get his "points on the board" to get DSS through SADPA, or for them to give an endorsement that says "Mr X holds DSS with us, and this firearm can be used in the discipline indicated"."

Now semis can be used for wingshooting (within the criteria sent out in the ordinance). Where is someone crooking the "system", or are you referring to Moonstryder's question (which does not refer to DHS, but rather DSS)?
    +1

Why must we always find fault with each others doings or suspect the worse in others' actions?

How great would it be if we could starting supporting and encouraging one another ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast