Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default 2nd Round Competency Certificates

Hi all

My birth month is February and so I see that my competency certificate will be expiring in July 2010. Our local DFO has no idea what I will need to do before that date in order to have it renewed/extended/reissued? A phone call to a training provider in our area suggested that there is as yet no information and everyone is still in the dark.

I was wondering if anybody has an idea what the waves of 1st round competency renewal candidates are going to have to go through.
    With the 2010 world cup and all, I wonder how long we are going to have to wait this time?

User

Default Re: 2nd Round Competency Certificates

Luckily I'm not going that root now.

Good luck

Good question, I am almost in your shoes, my competency expires 2010 but birth date is only in July, long story but I was most probably the first CPO in the country to carry a company pistol for my work a G19 on my recommodation, and believe it or not the company was Cell C, but yes I would like to see what the SETA thieves oops sorry I meant to say we care about firearm owners and that is why support this system from the beginning would have to say on this subject, sorry I don't see the truth as as an insult or accusation!

So let us hear what they have to say, I am pretty sure they must have figured out a way to take more of our hard earned money!

User

They are probably going to wait till the last minute then change something so you will have to go through a new sort of competency test before you can re apply for your competency.

And it will probably be totally contradictory to what they said 5 years ago, and like slaves we will once again adhere to their BS, just to be screwed around for as long as they can, just remember this is not just purely driven by one party you have CFR/SETA/PRIVATE industry trying their utmost to assist you, yeah right!

User

I asked my DFO about this in 2007 during my fight for my Glock and he had no idea what round 2 of competencies it would entail. I said that that's crazy! and he agreed. They better get something figured out fast.

They probably thought that by the second round there would be no guns left :D so why bother

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooter

They probably thought that by the second round there would be no guns left :D so why bother
    I think there are a few like us that just get more and more grn1 hpy194

User

I have just been informed buy our DSO (Ms Hugo) of Worcester Police station that I will have to redo the entire competency process. Full tests at a "Training Provider" for all categories. The whole lot. CAN THIS BE TRUE????

If anybody has heard otherwise at an other station please let me know. I am still shaking with rage!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
    I have just been informed buy our DSO (Ms Hugo) of Worcester Police station that I will have to redo the entire competency process. Full tests at a "Training Provider" for all categories. The whole lot. CAN THIS BE TRUE????

If anybody has heard otherwise at an other station please let me know. I am still shaking with rage!
    Doesn't sound right.
    If it is correct, they'll have to force us to redo our entire drivers test (written and practical) every 5 years too then when our license cards are up for renewal.

Have just spoken to people at CFR, and they themselves do not know, the lady told me there are to theories doing the round at the moment with them

1. Just apply with form 517, with your original certificates you received (This would be the same as if applying for the first time), and pay R70

2. You will need to go to the training provider to "update" your certificate.

Don't know about you, but how do you update your certificate? Re-do the courses?

I have to start with mine now, as mine expires in May 2010, and you have to apply 90 days before expiry.
    Last edited by Wikus Pretorius; 19-02-2010 at 13:27.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast