Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default When is proficiency testing required?

Hi Guys

When is proficiency testing required when applying for a license?

Default Re: When is proficiency testing required?

Quote Originally Posted by kurly
    Hi Guys

When is proficiency testing required when applying for a license?
    where does it say that in the act?
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

User

It doesn't, well not that I am aware of :-\

Reason I asked is I have never owned a shotgun, do own a handgun and rifle, and want to apply for competency now so that when I find myself a shotgun that part of my application is done.

I am not sure exactly what I need, in this situation, before applying for competency ???

Any advice welcome ;D

You must hold an appropriate competency certificate for the type of firearm for which you want to apply. If you have a handgun and rifle competency they wont give you a licence for a shotgun until you have a shotgun competency.

The proficency test is part of the unit standard required for CFR to issue said competency.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    You must hold an appropriate competency certificate for the type of firearm for which you want to apply. If you have a handgun and rifle competency they wont give you a licence for a shotgun until you have a shotgun competency.

The proficency test is part of the unit standard required for CFR to issue said competency.
    ok the wording is getting to me so the proficiency refers to equates to the training certificate you would recieve from the accredited training provider?
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

User

Quote Originally Posted by ABHM

ok the wording is getting to me so the proficiency refers to equates to the training certificate you would recieve from the accredited training provider?
    ABHM I know how you feel :o

SSP would you mind putting down the steps I need to follow before making my submission?

SSP would you mind putting down the steps I need to follow before making my submission?
    Submission for what? Licence or competency?
    Havamal

User

Competency

Competency
    I gather you have a comptency for Handgun and Rifle already? If so you still need to do the "Use of a Shotgun" or somesuch unit standard. The training provider will give you a certificate. Take that, along with ID pictures and R70 to your DFO and fill the "Application for futher competency" form.

Thats about it.
    Havamal

User

I gather you have a comptency for Handgun and Rifle already? If so you still need to do the "Use of a Shotgun" or somesuch unit standard. The training provider will give you a certificate. Take that, along with ID pictures and R70 to your DFO and fill the "Application for futher competency" form.

Thats about it.
    [/quote]

Thanks SSP. It's a lot less complicated than I thought it would be.

I still haven't received my competency for handgun and rifle. My applications are apparently sitting with the fingerprinting section :police:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast