Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Default Re: Entries Open! 2013Annual Delville Wood Memorial Shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    And THAT, my son, is why "thou shalt NOT put low-profile tyres on thy vehicle!"

Funcky Town popcorn and low profile tyres, eina combo. (-;
    I got the Scooby jacked up in the end. #body contortions and all#

Actually Dirk pretty well on that stage. Some guys had jacks that were not functional

As an observer it was interesting to note the different courses of action taken by people.

Mark pushed his "wife" forward and shot over her back which was great I thought, she was taken out of the frame completely. What is worrying is that he spoke to the "dummy wife" which is clear evidence that he is used to interacting with blow up things, on a very personal level that is .

Craig was the only person who did not stand on the opening exercise but rolled and fired from a prone position. I cannot argue the merits of seeking cover or not but he was damn quick on the target which was most impressive .

Grobbie was incredibly hard to take down, in fact he was not actually brought fully to the floor. This is evidence of how fitness and being in shape can assist you in a fight .

The importance of locating your jack for a quick wheel change when stranded cannot be underestimated, it is a drill that should be practiced (note to self). Karl could not the the Cruiser fully jacked and this would add too much time to the wheel change. If their are passengers it would be advisable that they are on the lookout for threats.

Some people on the exercise where the mag ran out and the knife was required to complete the engagement spent a lots of time reholstering while moving forward toward the threat with both hand preoccupied with holstering. Perhaps we should also practice returning the FA to the holster and not just the quick draw.

The above is by no means any critisism but merely things I took away from the exercise on my my learning curve.

I only saw three of the exercises but given this little exposure I was more than suitably impressed with the thought that went into producing very challanging scenarios. Personal skill was also awesome, well done to all. It was a job most well done an I for one will NOT miss the next one. A huge pat on the back to all who organised and officated at the event, thought it was excellent.

Thanks Andrew, It was pleasure having you there and thanks for the pics!.

I also was surprised at the different ways guys solved the problems. I always note with these things how a bit of stress and pressure makes a relatively simple task like jacking up your car filled with problems, jacks not wanting stand, placing the jack in the wrong place, not having the right kit in the right place etc. It was also interesting to note how different guys dealt with shooting from unconventional start positions and how long it took for some shooters to get that 1st shot off due to the unconventional position.

Nice post Andrew.

Always interesting and helpful to get an outside opinion.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    And THAT, my son, is why "thou shalt NOT put low-profile tyres on thy vehicle!"

Haha, Dirk jy moes jou musiek hard gespeel het, dit sou die zombies ook lat skrik HAHA!!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    As an observer it was interesting to note the different courses of action taken by people.

Mark pushed his "wife" forward and shot over her back which was great I thought, she was taken out of the frame completely. What is worrying is that he spoke to the "dummy wife" which is clear evidence that he is used to interacting with blow up things, on a very personal level that is .

Craig was the only person who did not stand on the opening exercise but rolled and fired from a prone position. I cannot argue the merits of seeking cover or not but he was damn quick on the target which was most impressive .

Grobbie was incredibly hard to take down, in fact he was not actually brought fully to the floor. This is evidence of how fitness and being in shape can assist you in a fight .

The importance of locating your jack for a quick wheel change when stranded cannot be underestimated, it is a drill that should be practiced (note to self). Karl could not the the Cruiser fully jacked and this would add too much time to the wheel change. If their are passengers it would be advisable that they are on the lookout for threats.

Some people on the exercise where the mag ran out and the knife was required to complete the engagement spent a lots of time reholstering while moving forward toward the threat with both hand preoccupied with holstering. Perhaps we should also practice returning the FA to the holster and not just the quick draw.

The above is by no means any critisism but merely things I took away from the exercise on my my learning curve.

I only saw three of the exercises but given this little exposure I was more than suitably impressed with the thought that went into producing very challanging scenarios. Personal skill was also awesome, well done to all. It was a job most well done an I for one will NOT miss the next one. A huge pat on the back to all who organised and officated at the event, thought it was excellent.
    Hi Andrew

I thought I should get bonus points for instructing my dummy wife to get cover so that I can take care of the zombies.
    But no bushboy and staffy did not see it or hear it.

Thanks for the kikies and doppies. We trust you are feeling better.

See you all on the range

Quote Originally Posted by Mbadger View Post
    Haha, Dirk jy moes jou musiek hard gespeel het, dit sou die zombies ook lat skrik HAHA!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6