Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Leather belts

User

Default Leather belts

Hi guys

Can anybody suggets/ recommend a local manufacturer/ supplier of good quality leather belts that can double as a dress belt and gun belt? I need one or two for my IWB holster.

Banned

Default Re: Leather belts

Quote Originally Posted by kurly
    Can anybody suggets/ recommend a local manufacturer/ supplier of good quality leather belts that can double as a dress belt and gun belt? I need one or two for my IWB holster.
    IMO the best locally made leather gun products without a doubt are found here:

http://www.rossleather.com
    http://www.rosstudio.com (under construction)

Pick a model you like and chat to Lindsay about local production at:

Tel: 021 782 2692
    e-mail: lindsay@rosstudio.com

Kurly, I see it did not take you long to play with the holster happy0065 Good belts have always been a problem and one that we have been working on for a long time. I see that Frontline makes some very nice belts, they are not cheap and will be close to the R300 mark, I am also in discussions with an American manufacturer, they make dress belts with a flexible polymer"inner" and leather on the outside.only problem is that they retail for over $50 and all depends on our price, we will most probably looking at the R600 mark with the quantities that we will be bringing in, I will try and get some info up under our dealer section and see what the people have to say!

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

kurley , you welcome to come see me . someone in botha's hill made them for me and they are dress belts with strength of a utility belt.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

I'm also looking for a decent belt and I'm willing to pay for it whatever it may be that will make my EDC more comfortable and effective.Who has what?

I have been using "Elpaso Leather" belts for close on 15 years and find they last quite long and work well for good firearm support. The belts are double stitched leather of about 5mm total thickness and 36mm width. The last ones I bought from Sharp Edge / Shooter in Sandton City and they were around R250 each IIRC.

They also have a shop out in Magaliesburg. See link below for more info:

http://www.magaliesbergmap.co.za/lea...20Shoppe09.php

User

Thanks for all the info guys. I went onto the El Paso website http://www.el-paso.co.za/ but it didn't show any of their belts even though they are mentioned under "Clothing"

Quote Originally Posted by KK20
    kurley , you welcome to come see me . someone in botha's hill made them for me and they are dress belts with strength of a utility belt.
    KK20 pm me your address and contact details and I will plan a visit. I live the other side of Bothas Hill so am in easy reach of your manufacturer :)

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

go find the lazy goat shop before the college. thats it
    live out your imagination , not your history.

The El-paso website is a bit k@k. Below find a pic of 2 of my ElPaso belts. One has a smooth finish and the other a weave pattern.
    Last edited by Rudes; 31-05-2010 at 15:41.

This is what we can possibly source:

Concealed Carry Gunbelt™

B21 A good holster requires a good, supportive gunbelt. The Concealed Carry Gunbelt™ has all the features of a quality dress belt - leather lining, feathered edges, with a solid brass buckle and keeper. Then we add a reinforcing strip of heavy duty polymer to prevent weapon "rollover" or sagging. Finally, a gunbelt that doesn't look like a gunbelt. It gives you back support too!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast