Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    User

Default Re: Camo clothing - worth it?

Where I live in the South of France, rosemary and thyme grows wild everywhere. One of the tips that I got from the guys that I hunt with is to pick some of these herbs and boil them for a while in water and then soak the hunting clothes in them and then wash them in the washing machine without soap or softner and then let it dry on the line. Haven't done it yet but will soon.

Camo is to break up your outline so adding some blaze orange to that can have a negligible effect on colour blind ungulates. I think camo is often over rated but well marketed. For waterfowl and archery hunting it probably helps more than rifle hunting. Movement, scent and cover have by far the largest cumulative influence on detectability.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Methos View Post
    Where I live in the South of France, rosemary and thyme grows wild everywhere. One of the tips that I got from the guys that I hunt with is to pick some of these herbs and boil them for a while in water and then soak the hunting clothes in them and then wash them in the washing machine without soap or softner and then let it dry on the line. Haven't done it yet but will soon.
    Add some salt and pepper and you have to be carefull of your hunting mates, they just might braai you here in SA

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Methos View Post
    On a light hearted sideline - I really like this idea. But what to use in good ol' SA winters? Dust, wood smoke, dry grass? Aloe comes to mind!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    On a light hearted sideline - I really like this idea. But what to use in good ol' SA winters? Dust, wood smoke, dry grass? Aloe comes to mind!
    I wonder how many hunts I started not smelling like dust, wood smoke and dry grass :)

Now there's a thought. A new and exciting new cologne range for the hunter.

Kalahari Khaki
    Leadwood Lure
    Namibian Nose

etc. etc.

Just splash it on and take on the natural aroma of your preferred hunting are.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6