Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    User

Default Re: Application handed in at SAPS Sandringham this morning

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    You need to chill.

How many licenses have you put in ever ? One ? He's done all mine since 2010, not a single problem with any of them.

Yes, he may forget to have you put a print on the last page, but he will call you to let you know if there is a problem when he processes it. Provided you give the correct phone number where you can actually be reached.

He doesn't capture your license as you turn your back to leave, it can take a week depending on how many he has to get through. He is one man, after all.

And do not mention lazy in the same sentence where he is concerned.

This is a man that was managing applications at Gallo Manor at the peak of the re-licensing period. He was handling thousands of applications, with no shelves, computers, printers, or enough staff. Applications were in bundles packed on the floor, and he had to face many irritated people that just assumed the licensing problems being experienced were due to lack of effort. He did his job in spite of all that, and he did it very well.

We are extremely fortunate, and very grateful to have him at our station handling applications for us.

If you have issues, take them to the top brass at SAP.
    I did mention that it may not be laziness but overworkedness (?). I left my correct number with the sergeant and did not receive a call. When I popped in, he said "Oh I forgot to fingerprint you". What if I would not have popped in? I expressed my frustrations in comparison to the service received in Norwood. I have made numerous apps through Norwood, and they were captured while I was paying for the app. Unfortunately I am unable to go there again.

News update: my app has been captured.

My frustration, in large part, is due to the approaching holidays and the possibility that I will have to wait for the new year for my new toy.

Chilling is good advice but only to tolerate sub-standard service (even if from well meaning and competent individuals). Perhaps I am wrong to imply that the sergeant is to blame but one thing I'll guarantee: If I go to Vodacom to apply for the shiny new iPhone 5S and they take a couple of days to organise the application and tell me to come back in a few days for my iPhone, I guarantee that an instruction to chill will not be taken kindly. It is only because we have become accustomed to thinking that the government and SAPS are doing us a favour to allow us to buy guns.

User

Default Re: Application handed in at SAPS Sandringham this morning

Handed my 4 competencies in on the 28th of Feb approved 11 May all were approved picking them up Tomorrow
    Sandringham is definitely working well !
    Sorry for the resurrected thread

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11