Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Sabatti Bolt Action rifles, any good?

I am planning on buying a wooden stock Sabatti bolt action rifle chambered in 7x64 Brenneke, the asking price for the rifle is about the same as that of a entry level Howa. I prefer the look and feel of the rifles far more than that of the Howa.

I know Sabatti produces high quality shotguns, but would like to know if anyone else has had some experience with their bolt actions? The action looks more or less like a mixture of the Rem model 700 and a Howa.

Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.

User

Default Re: Sabatti Bolt Action rifles, any good?

I wouldn't discredit the rifle. I'm sure its just fine. I can tell that you like it. Go for it! At the price of a Howa you can't complain.

Your caliber is interesting. A good caliber. I don't know if that is your first rifle?

User

I'm in much the same boat as you ...

I started this thread a short while ago: http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...nox-SS-in-3006

That said, I have still not made up my mind on this one ... I really think it's a good rifle, but I am frustrated by the fact that I can't get any authoritative information ... I tried to contact Sabatti direct via email, but they have not replied in over 2 weeks ... So that worries me too ...

There is very little information in English about this rifle ... If you can speak Italian, I can point you to a review on youtube where a guy rattles on for an hour ... I wish I could understand what he was saying because he must have something of value to say if he can talk for an hour about a subject.

However ... It does seem like a fine rifle ... I'm just very cautious for reasons outlined in my post.

if you do buy it, please post a review after you've shot it ...

User

Quote Originally Posted by arend01 View Post
    I am planning on buying a wooden stock Sabatti bolt action rifle chambered in 7x64 Brenneke, the asking price for the rifle is about the same as that of a entry level Howa. I prefer the look and feel of the rifles far more than that of the Howa.

I know Sabatti produces high quality shotguns, but would like to know if anyone else has had some experience with their bolt actions? The action looks more or less like a mixture of the Rem model 700 and a Howa.

Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.
    Sabatti not only makes high quality shotguns, their double rifles are superb! I looked at and compared the CZ, Howa, Remington and Sabatti. I chose the Sabatti 870 in .308 Win based on the balance and fit of the rifle as well as the quality and excellent finish of the one I bought (still waiting for the licence). To me it has the same feel of quality and solid build as my old Sako Finnbear - another good reason for my decision. The actions of both the Sabatti and Howa are basically Remington 700. In fact, the 3 rifles use the same scope bases. Looking at Sabatti's reputation in Europe, I don't think I've made a bum decision!

User

I also decided to go for it, and bought the rifle on Saturday. The fit and finish was just too good to leave at the price and if the rifles shoots as well as it looks, I will probable order a 6.5x55 to compliment the 7mm.

Thanks for all the input.

Banned

I must compliment you on your choice of the 7x64. I have one based on a P14 action and it is my favourite hunting rifle. It really works well on game up to kudu.

User

Quote Originally Posted by arend01 View Post
    I also decided to go for it, and bought the rifle on Saturday. The fit and finish was just too good to leave at the price and if the rifles shoots as well as it looks, I will probable order a 6.5x55 to compliment the 7mm.

Thanks for all the input.
    Hi arend01, I have an opportunity to but a rifle just like this one at the same price as the Howa, have you any feedback on this rifle?

User

Anybody know where one of these are available in 6.5mm?

User

Any more feedback now?

User

Quote Originally Posted by mckg View Post
    Any more feedback now?
    I've had mine for 5 years now, regularly used for SA Hunters' shoots, practices and hunting. Best investment I've made in a long time. Shoots moa with just about any bullet from 150gr to 180gr.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast