Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Self-defence use of a firearm licensed for hunting, sports-shooting or collecting

Ah! Fantastic seeing as I just bought me a brand spanking new gunsafe!

User

Default Re: Self-defence use of a firearm licensed for hunting, sports-shooting or collecting

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    Dangerous Weapons Bill does not repeal or invalidate any part of the FCA as far as I am aware, and the FCA still governs the norms of FA ownership and use. No need looking for problems that do not exist.
    This.
    Forgetting now the knopkieries and riots, if you EDC with your sport or SD firearm, you (under the FCA) are carrying lawfully. But we know that.
    Now bringing in the DWA, it states that if the police officer searches you, finds a "dangerouns weapon" and has reasonable suspicion that you have intent to use said weapon to intentionally harm someone, then you are in breach of the DWA. But us upstanding civilians, with EDC, are not in any way in breach of that DWA.

As I have been advised, all non SD firearms have to be carried unloaded, bagged, and separate from the ammunition or stored as such. Section 17 even requires the bolt assembly to be withdrawn if im not mistaken. You will likely have to answer questions as to how you got your non SD weapon ready and operational in that situation as opposed to your licensed SD firearm.

User

Bullshit. Read some posts before you start making statements.

Quote Originally Posted by rashaadp View Post
    As I have been advised, all non SD firearms have to be carried unloaded, bagged, and separate from the ammunition or stored as such. Section 17 even requires the bolt assembly to be withdrawn if im not mistaken. You will likely have to answer questions as to how you got your non SD weapon ready and operational in that situation as opposed to your licensed SD firearm.
    Wrong on all accounts except store unloaded for non-SD firearms.

Rather read the FCA.

prescribed.
    (3A) Before a prohibited or restricted firearm is stored in terms of subsection (3)(a), it must undergo such reversible non-damaging procedure as may be prescribed in order to ensure that no cartridge can be loaded into or discharged from that firearm.

Firearms and ammunition must be stored and transported in the prescribed manner.
    84 Carrying of firearm in public place
    (1) No person may carry a firearm in a public place unless the firearm is carried-
    (a) in the case of a handgun-
    (i) in a holster or similar holder designed, manufactured or adapted for the carrying of a handgun and attached to his or her person; or
    (ii) in a rucksack or similar holder; or
    (b) in the case of any other firearm, in a holder designed, manufactured or adapted for the carrying of the firearm.
    (2) A firearm contemplated in subsection (1) must be completely covered and the person carrying the firearm must be able to exercise effective control over such firearm.

Firearms and ammunition must be stored and transported in the prescribed manner.
    84 Carrying of firearm in public place
    (1) No person may carry a firearm in a public place unless the firearm is carried-
    (a) in the case of a handgun-
    (i) in a holster or similar holder designed, manufactured or adapted for the carrying of a handgun and attached to his or her person; or
    (ii) in a rucksack or similar holder; or
    (b) in the case of any other firearm, in a holder designed, manufactured or adapted for the carrying of the firearm.
    (2) A firearm contemplated in subsection (1) must be completely covered and the person carrying the firearm must be able to exercise effective control over such firearm.
    This section does not support your argument that it must be carried unloaded.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Ask Camo762 about him carrying his NEA15 to a break in at their factory.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast