Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    User

Default SouthNarc in Cape Town Nov 2013

I recently got the good news that SouthNarc is coming back to SA to host ECQC in Cape Town.
    If you even pretend to be serious about being able to use a pistol for self defence you need to do this course. It is without any exaggeration (and anyone who has done the course will agree with me Im sure) life changing.

You need to do ECQC more than you need another gun and definitely more than you need some cool guy crap to hang off your carbine. The price we get here is better than the guys are paying in the States even with the travel and all that.

Below the details. Space is very limited so jump on today.

I am proud to announce that one of the world’s top ECQC instructors is for the 3rd year running is coming to Cape Town South Africa.

In November 2013, SouthNarc will be running is now world famous ECQC seminar.

ECQC – 22nd – 24th November 20011

Extreme Close Quarter Concepts (ECQC)
    A 20 hour course (two and half days) (please see details below)
    Cost R3000

So for R3000 you will get 20 hours training with one of the best in his field!

If you require accommodation details please let me know?

Just in Case You are Not Sure Who he is -

“SouthNarc” aka Craig Douglas is a twenty year veteran police officer serving in the southern United States. Craig is also the commander of his agency’s SWAT team, has been a full-time police officer since 1990 and has held line assignments in corrections, patrol, narcotics, investigations, and for seven years was a narcotics group supervisor.

He was also the primary defensive tactics instructor at the Southern Regional Public Safety Institute from 1992-1999 and has personally trained over five thousand police officers at the academy level. Craig has extensive operational experience in an undercover capacity which is reflected heavily in the Extreme Close Quarter Concepts coursework.

Craig has a thirty year background in Phillipine, Indonesian, Brazillian and Japanese martial arts and is a veteran of the U.S. Army. He has been conducting training in the private sector in the U.S. and abroad for the past 7 years.

Course Details
    Extreme Close Quarter Concepts (ECQC)

The ShivWorks Extreme Close Quarter Concepts (ECQC) course is a two and a half day (20 hours) block of instruction which focuses on a multi-disciplinary approach to building functional, combative handgun skills at zero to five feet. The course is designed to instill core concepts of seamless integration and provide the platform for aggressive problem solving during a life or death struggle. A heavy emphasis is placed upon commonality of body mechanics between skill sub-sets, which means that all combative software is reinforcing. Once the student’s skill sets are initially ingrained, the participant will be stress inoculated with force on force drills utilizing marking cartridges and protective equipment.

Instructor: "SouthNarc"

Cost: R3000

Topics covered include:

Day One (4 hours):
    - Criminal Assault Paradigm
    - Unequal Initiative Events
    - Managing Unknown Contacts
    - Practical Unarmed Combat

Day Two (8 hours):
    - Introduction to the components of the Combative Drawstroke
    - Building the #2 position in live-fire
    - Firing throughout the horizontal line of presentation
    - Off-hand fending positions
    - Default position
    - Basic empty hand blows
    - Theory of in-fight weapon access
    - Grounded basics

Day Three (8 hours):
    - Challenging the potential attacker
    - Preemptive weapon access
    - Multiple attackers
    - Negotiating the F.U.T.
    - ECQ Handgun retention in holster
    - ECQ handgun retention out of holster
    - Handgun recovery
    - Handgun striking
    Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:
    - Reliable handgun
    - Minimum two (2) magazines
    - Quality holster and magazine pouches.
    - 400 rounds of ammunition
    - Heavy sweatshirt or soft body armor
    - Mouthpiece and cup
    - Seasonal weather gear
    - Ballistic Eye protection
    - Ear protection
    - Weapon lubrication and cleaning supplies.
    - Good attitude
    If you would like to book you space/spaces please email me ASAP for details on how to reserve your place. The course will be limited to 14 participants so don’t delay in deciding and miss out.

My buddy James Smart is hosting Craig and you can contact him on james(at)graciejiujitsu(dot)co(dot)za to book

Default Re: SouthNarc in Cape Town Nov 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    You need to do ECQC more than you need another gun and definitely more than you need some cool guy crap to hang off your carbine.
    Exactly right. We're extremely lucky to have Craig come back again and share his knowledge. If I could only do one course in my lifetime, I would pick ECQC without reservation..
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

Not missing again will book asap

Craig is both a gentleman and probably more knowledgeable in his field than anyone alive in the world today...and I do not make that statement lightly. This class kicks ass! Smoke the CC or sell a gun or whatever you need to do RTF now to get into this class...you can thank me later. (BTW...best be in decent physical condition before you go!!!)
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Booking ASAP, check.

Physical condition....fail :( Still a couple of months I guess....

Anyway, not missing this one - email sent to James.

I'm not some kind of ninja (unless there were slightly overweight slow ninja's?) so this ought to be worth a laugh or two for the spectators.

User

definitely going for this, looks fun ;)

yes yes yes, i know it isnt. leave my bubble alone.

User

I think this will be alot more learning and hard work than fun. Cant wait allready booked a spot

User

Emailed James... hope I was quick enough. Thanks for the heads-up Lian!

This is an outstanding course from an excellent instructor. SN owns 0-5 feet.James doesn't screw around either.I don't care if you are a 30th dan ninja, technicolour belt Jiu Jitsu guy, AMOK professor or 67th level elf wizard you will learn tons from this class.That said, you get out what you put in. Be sure to watch all evolutions intently. You will learn as much observing as participating if not more. I spent the last day observing the evolutions but not participating due to injury. Still did the training exercises though. I did not feel like I missed out at all.The class is hard work - be prepared for it. Hydrate and eat during the day. Be prepared to be overwhelmed with information. Its not a shooting course, but rather a fighting course with some shooting in it. Make sure you have your gun shit squared away.Its also a massive lifestyle audit. You may think you are a fit, tactical, gunfighter. This course will put you to the test and expose weakness - in front of a class. Nut up and learn from it.To the guys who have experience in partial arts/serious firearms training - stow the attitude and preconceived ideas, you will learn more.As Ikor says, sell a gun or put it on your card. It's well worth it. I've done it twice.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

if the seats are booked full... will spectators be allowed for a price?

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast