Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Re: LM Rifles

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: LM Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba
    Quote Originally Posted by paulatadventures
    Apparently Dave Sheer has received the first 5 M4s.
    That may very well be but let them inform here how many are available for sale to commercial/civilian end users. confused0083
    Ja, agreed. Also a bit wary. Apparently they have come in under strict 'conditions'. 'Must be demonstrated to potential mil buyers and then destroyed thereafter' or some such.

I'm still interested in a Sabre (if and when!!! ;)), but picked up a nice, new condition (claimed to be new, but gas piston reveals it has been fired) R6 on Friday last from Blunderbuss in the meantime.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Default Re: AR/M4 Good News for SA!! Not so good anymore???

"Ja, agreed. Also a bit wary. Apparently they have come in under strict 'conditions'. 'Must be demonstrated to potential mil buyers and then destroyed thereafter' or some such."

That is exactly what I alluded to - they are not available to civilian end users - to my mind that means the fact that they are here is inconsequential and of no meaning for the guys who are waiting for them. >:(

"..but picked up a nice, new condition (claimed to be new, but gas piston reveals it has been fired) R6 on Friday last from Blunderbuss in the meantime."

Congrats - Is it a R or LM? - I have a 6 and I like it a lot - great quality and build - now you have to adjust it to tactical/cqb/Israeli length stock and it's gtg. happy0065

Congrats - Is it a R or LM? - I have a 6 and I like it a lot - great quality and build - now you have to adjust it to tactical/cqb/Israeli length stock and it's gtg. happy0065
    Well... as you will know there is no such beast as an LM6... just an R6 with a semi-auto sear... grn1

As to the stock... http://rht-mle.co.za/product12.html

The rifle is actually for my wife (where can I get powder pink gunkote done) so the shorter stock is an absolute necessity.
    Last edited by Paul; 17-05-2010 at 08:44.
    Unknown Barbarian

Well... as you will know there is no such beast as an LM6... just an R6 with a semi-auto sear... grn1

As to the stock... http://rht-mle.co.za/product12.html

The rifle is actually for my wife (where can I get powder pink gunkote done) so the shorter stock is an absolute necessity.
    All LMs, as far as I know, are on auto receivers, and have all the auto parts. It's just the SELECTOR and not the sear thats different.

For the love of all that is holy don't put one of those stocks on your LM! It looks like utter ass.

Just shorten the original stock to fit or install the alloy israeli version.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    All LMs, as far as I know, are on auto receivers, and have all the auto parts. It's just the SELECTOR and not the sear thats different.
    The 6s are marked "S, A, R" with notches on both sides.

For the love of all that is holy don't put one of those stocks on your LM! It looks like utter ass.

Just shorten the original stock to fit or install the alloy israeli version.
    It's destined to be gunkoted powder pink with Hello Kitty decals on the mags for heaven's sake. Do you really think an M4 telescoping stock is going to ruin it? hpy71
    Unknown Barbarian

It's destined to be gunkoted powder pink with Hello Kitty decals on the mags for heaven's sake. Do you really think an M4 telescoping stock is going to ruin it? hpy71
    Yes.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    Yes.
    There's just no pleasing a purist, is there?
    Unknown Barbarian

User

He's not a purist - confused0083 he just has a very deeply seated dislike for AR's ;D hpy194

I have to say I agree, for a different reason maybe, that is a FUGLY stock hpy194 it looks like a Mini Me Terminator Prosthetic or maybe a Lego Bionicle leg part - the standard stock is the ONE, just shorten it.

Maybe this should be asked elsewhere, but do all the R's and LMs use 1 in 12 twist barrels? I know some of the later Galils had 1 in 9 and 1 in 7 twist rates...much better for use with heavy 69-77gr bullets which will get the short barreled models off their knees.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Quote Originally Posted by ikor
    Maybe this should be asked elsewhere, but do all the R's and LMs use 1 in 12 twist barrels? I know some of the later Galils had 1 in 9 and 1 in 7 twist rates...much better for use with heavy 69-77gr bullets which will get the short barreled models off their knees.
    Yup, all 1 in 12.

The vast majority of ammo available here is 55grn, so the the other twist rates would probably be a bit of a waste.

All the factory ammo I have seen is 55. NGA loaded a batch of 62gr a while back which shot fine in my 6.
    Havamal

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast