Default FIREClean Ultra Performance Gun Oil - Coming Soon

We met up with Dave from FIREClean at IWA this year and picked up a couple samples of his new product. We had read nothing but good reviews about FIREClean and were keen to try it for ourselves. Needless to say, a few months later and we're expecting our first shipment.

Drop us an email at sales@hbasa.co.za or call 012 71 033 0377 if you want us to send you a bottle as soon as they arrive. We'll also post confirming once we have the product in our hands.

Below are a few details of the product and there are also some testimonials from some very well know industry professionals.

FIREClean Ultra Performance Gun Oil

Shoot more. Clean and lubricate less. Clean faster…..Carbon wipes off!

• Conditions metal to prevent buildup of carbon fouling
    • Carbon fouling just wipes off
    • Cleans deeply and safely into gun metals
    • Reduces friction with persistent and incredible lubricity
    • Dramatically reduces cleaning time and effort
    • Low odor and non-toxic

FIREClean is a new and different approach to operating your firearm. While traditionally the focus has been on “proper lubrication” and “keeping the gun wet”, experience has taught us that friction is rarely the problem on normal metal surfaces in the operation of guns. While this may sound like sacrilege to many, consider this- when was the last time that manually cycling a clean dry firearm resulted in locking the gun up?

The REAL ENEMY of successful firearms operation is heat and fouling- particularly carbon fouling. Carbon is the unavoidable byproduct of powder combustion in the firing process. Carbon adheres very, very strongly to metal surfaces. It is very abrasive, hence the “gritty” sounds typically encountered with dirty or fouled firearms. Cleaning carbon with traditional methods requires harsh and hazardous chemicals- toxicity to humans, eco-toxicity, flammability, hazardous and potentially explosive vapors are some of the typical dangers. Often, cleaning materials must be treated as hazardous waste before disposal. This leads to long term health concerns as well as risk and expense.

Other methods of carbon removal involve scraping, grinding, and other mechanical methods. In addition to the time and difficulty of using these methods in a field environment, this can often lead to undesired wear on mechanical surfaces or on the finish of the firearm.

The other problem that FIREClean solves exceptionally well is lubricant “burnoff” or evaporation due to heat generated in the firing process. Frankly, most firearms lubricant can’t stand the heat! When you are required to constantly re-lube your firearms, that is a telling sign that either your oil has evaporated or has “cooked off”. Evaporation is caused by low temperature thresholds and the volatility of the substances used. If the oil has a strong odor or smell at normal temperature that indicates that the oil is undergoing evaporation. If the oil is “smoking” in operation that tells you that thermal breakdown of the oil is happening.

Either one of these cases will lead to the loss of lubrication, and typically the dried up or burned off oil creates gums and varnishes that are difficult to remove and lead to jamming.

FIREClean is designed to hold as an oil to the highest possible temperatures, and provide the best possible lubricity across the applicable temperature spectrum. In addition to the “wet” lubrication provided by the oil itself, FIREClean also conditions the metal deeply to provide inherent slipperiness or lubricity. Even in the absence of visible oil, metal parts still slide freely due to the remarkable “boundary lubrication” properties of FIREClean. A very light, thin coat of oil on any parts that are subject to mechanical movement, or fouling from carbon or other sources is all that is required.

Testimonials

"FIREClean is a new lubrication/cleaning product that I have been testing for months and have had exceptional results with. It is non-toxic, odorless, and lubricates and melts carbon. Also, it does not allow carbon to stick and will work exceptionally well in suppressed guns."
    - Paul Howe, Combat Shooting & Tactics, US Army special operations veteran

"Performance in a bottle."
    - "Super" Dave Harrington, Combat Speed LLC, US Army special operations veteran

FIREClean is now used by half of the pro shooters in 3 Gun Nation, Pat McNamara, John Farnam, William Bethards, and many other professional shooters and instructors.

"I am a range master at a major skeet shooting range. Part of my job is maintaining and cleaning our 50 rental Beretta 391 semi auto shotguns each week. During our busy season these guns get pretty crusty between cleanings. I am always looking for a better and faster way of cleaning these shotguns. Now that I have started using FIREClean my gun cleaning time has been cut in half. The stuff works great! I apply a small amount on the dirty parts and then wipe them clean. Burnt-on carbon and grease do not stand a chance against FIREClean. Your product is also a wonderful lubricant as it cleans and lubricates at the same time. Thanks for making my job easier."
    - Bernie F., Arizona

"As a high volume shooter, former Marine Machine gunner and LE, I've used several CLP (cleaning/lubricant/protectant) products to include, Break-Free, SLIP 2000, Hoppes, M-Pro 7 etc, etc. FIREClean beats them all hands down. I was naturally skeptical at first but bought a bottle of FIREClean before a carbine course. I treated my BCM middy before the course with FIREClean, and then proceeded to put approx. 2000 rounds through the rifle over 3 days. I dissasembled the weapon after the course and found the carbon wiped off with a rag, this included the usual baked on carbon on the bolt tail etc. I was amazed. It should also be noted it works great as a lube. I found it stays in place and doesn't migrate, and doesn't burn off like other lubes. I just wish I would've had this product for my M240 when I was in the Corps. Since first testing it on my rifle, I've used it on my Scattergun Technologies Remington 11-87, duty Glocks and S&W MP .22 rifle. Also works great if you're running a suppressor on your rifle. Cut down on your cleaning and maintenance time and get a bottle of this stuff, you wont be disappointed." - SWAT officer, Pacific Northwest

"FireClean has been the best product I have ever used! It's amazing on suppressed guns and it works well cleaning/protecting weapons lights exposed to powder burns." - Scott W. / Maryland

I've had the opportunity to do a significant amount of shooting using primarily (in most cases, solely) FIREClean. It is a very solid product. In competition, it has worked quite well so far. The small amount needed helped keep the dust from accumulating in some harsh conditions at a large 3-gun match. I have run thousands of rounds through my competition AR ......I've been lubing the gas piston on my FN SLP with it, and shockingly, the carbon that accumulates there wipes right off. Drastic improvement."
    - E., competitive shooter and US Army Special Forces shooting instructor

"Most oils work fine for the average shooter but for the professional shooter who will put thousands of rounds through a weapon in a day, I would use FIREClean gun oil to ensure function and reliability." - S, northwestern Mississippi combat shooting instructor

I'll take a few bottles, please let me know

User

Default Re: FIREClean Ultra Performance Gun Oil - Coming Soon

Fireclean is in stock now - ask Jacques when you visit the store.

I have been using my "sample" now for a while and I like it - will check the PWS tomorrow after about 250 rounds. I coated the piston with Fireclean and have not yet disassembled to check. Also in use currently on the 556R piston.

User

How does it compare to Slip2000 EWL

User

I think one needs to Google reviews on this to get a wider info base at this stage.

Imo for what it's worth:

Fireclean is "thinner" than Slip2000 EWL and I think at this stage for a DI AR bcg I will stick to Slip2000 EWL ( but let me add a caveat - I have not seriously run a DI AR bcg with fireclean so I need time to still try it properly) and for piston AR I will look at Fireclean as an option for the piston parts and possibly the bcg ( but the review I read recently on the PWS Diablo the lube used was Slip2000 EWL and the gun ran up to 13k rounds at the time of the review) as well as Fireclean on AK basic platform (AK, LM, Sig 551/553, Sig Sauer 556/R) pistons and I will still use Slip2000 EWG on the bcg of the AK platform .

Slip2000 EWL has proven itself over and over as an awesome lube for DI ARs and it has some of the very best endorsements in AR world and Fireclean has some excellent endorsements of it's own.

I have no experience yet with Fireclean on handguns.

I purchased a bottle today, many thanks, i am going to try it on my AK's and SIG552.

Off topic that PWS is stuck in my head!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We are graced today with the best modern cleaners and lubricants the world of firearms has ever known. I am absolutely thrilled that we now have another to add to the list. If Khumba says it works, that is good enough for me!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

I've been using it for a while and very happy with it. Here's Mr Vickers

User

I have been totally off (for several years now) of CLP as an option for lubricating a DI AR platform rifle.