Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rising crime

User

Default Rising crime

Ok, so the 6 blocks more or less around me is being target by a syndicate. We had a quick community meeting just now. 4 houses less than a block from me has been hit in the last month. Tie ups etc...
    SD FA is oiled, loaded, and in safe next to my bed. but this does not mean i will wake up. From previous hits, they seem to operate between 2 and 4am. The sweetest sleeping hours. I do not even wake up when my daughter comes to join us in bed sometimes at 3am. Thus far I'm thinking of going to bed at 8, and setting the alarm for 2am.
    But do we really want the criminals to control us to such an extend? As i get home, i lock the house at 6.

So any suggestions? What more can i do? i will get a small house dog as a start. even though i dislike dogs in the house. Last night they were busy lifting my neighbors gate when they got busted and chased.

User

Default Re: Rising crime

Sounds hectic, which area in Centurion?

User

Perimeter beams and an alarm should be a good start to wake you up.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

User

1.Take FA out of safe.
    2. Go to Builders Warehouse, they sell these cheap alarms that works on vibration. Make a moerse geraas if someone breaks down a door or window. I sleep very very heavy and they get me up in a flash.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    Sounds hectic, which area in Centurion?
    Wierdapark ext6
    Problem area is mostly around theuns van niekerk str

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kreefstert View Post
    1.Take FA out of safe.
    2. Go to Builders Warehouse, they sell these cheap alarms that works on vibration. Make a moerse geraas if someone breaks down a door or window. I sleep very very heavy and they get me up in a flash.

Will look at builders
    About the FA, cant really do that. Daughter is 4 and she walks around at night. Don't want to risk her finding it on bedside table while i'm sleeping. It is 1up, with safety, and i can get it out in 10 secs or less. Hoping that is enough time

User

Perimeter alarms +1. Wire them to your normal alarm, program them as chime zones.

Depending on how old the kid is, keeping the gun in the safe might be justified. Consider unloaded, mag out, bedside*... faster to get into action than a safe and small kid proof (bigger kids should be auto-proof).

* If they're in your room and you are still asleep you're mince anyway.

User

Ben just put the pistol in a holster with retention strap.Also teach your little one that they will get klapped should they think of touching the gun.However make the gun safe and call her over.Ask her if she/he wants to hold the gun.Let them handle it for as long as they want.Then ask if finished.Tell them then that it is now finished and the klapping rule is reinstated.Worked for my two girls.They are now 6 and 11 and I am 100% sure they will net dream of touching a firearm without my consent.

User

Quote Originally Posted by G-force View Post
    Ben just put the pistol in a holster with retention strap.Also teach your little one that they will get klapped should they think of touching the gun.However make the gun safe and call her over.Ask her if she/he wants to hold the gun.Let them handle it for as long as they want.Then ask if finished.Tell them then that it is now finished and the klapping rule is reinstated.Worked for my two girls.They are now 6 and 11 and I am 100% sure they will net dream of touching a firearm without my consent.
    Good idea, take the mystery away. Gunproof your child, don't childproof your gun.

User

+1 on previous suggestions.

Do you have and belong to the CPF / neighbourhood watch? Radio and community based patrols may also assist to make the area less attractive to the crims

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast