Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default SAGA and the JASA case

My letter to SAGA. How many of you have the guts to follow suit to let them know how pissed off you are with them?

Dear Sir,
    I am the first to admit that SAGA did a tremendous job in the past, but SAGA's recent attempts to get the FCA 60/2000 scrapped has been abysmal.

Not only did SAGA refuse to join in with GOSA in the JASA compensation case, neither did SAGA advertise the JASA case in Magnum. SAGA has now jumped on the bandwagon to provide “experts” to government to determine the amount of compensation paid to those who handed their firearms in for destruction. I find this absolutely disgusting, in my opinion SAGA does not have its members interests at heart, SAGA should be campaigning to get this abominable act scrapped instead of attempting to appease Government. Remember “Peace in our time”? Chamberlain tried to appease Hitler, and look what happened there.

As try as one might, the FCA 60/2000 will never work, all it has done has snatched firearms from peoples hands, refused licences wholesale and forced hundreds of dealers to close their doors. I personally know of three people who are dead because of this act, two who were refused a licence and one who was murdered while waiting for his refusal letter. I know of a number of people who have been waiting over 6 years to get an answer from the CFR. This is not acceptable, not in a supposed democratic society. How many more lives are going to be lost because SAGA wants to play the “Good Guys” to government?

The fight against the FCA is not a Queensbury rules fight, its a street fight with knuckle dusters and bicycle chains. We have been shown time and time again, that negotiation with the government and the CFR do NOT work.

J. Pollard

User

Default Re: SAGA and the JASA case

I also sent an email along similar lines.. haven't heard a thing back... I'm done with SAGA.

User

Thanks for the effort Gizmo, how many more will make the effort?

If firearm owners are willing to make some sort of stand we CAN get this law scrapped, unless they want to do the job of GFSA and sit back and do nothing. The fact of the matter is, UNLESS forearm owners get off their arses and do something, ALL of us WILL lose our guns. Its that simple.

User

For sure, guys will still be in heated debates here about what pistol grip is the most comfortable right up until the moment their guns are ripped out of their hands.

Other people will stand up for their rights, or so they think.

I have left SAGA, joined up with GOSA, who seem to give a crap. SAGA has finally shown its true colors to me.

User

GOSA has a lot of get up and go. SAGA's get up and go got up and went.

It really amazes me how South African gun owners simply sit back and do nothing, either they have a yellow streak down their spine, too lazy, deaf, dumb or simply stupid. The writing is on the wall, the ANC have openly stated they want to take guns away from us, what the hell is it going to take to get these people up and fighting? When the cops kick in their front doors to take away their guns, then its too late. I often hear numbnuts state, "If the cops come to take my guns away, I'm going to fight. They will have to take my gun from my cold dead fingers." YEA RIGHT. At the first sign of blue lights they are meekly going to hand over their guns with "Please dont hurt me Mr policeman."

Sadly, most South African gun owners have became a nation of gutless, spineless and yellow streaked cowards.

User

md217

Hard hitting words from you Jack and gizmo but nothing can be truer to the truth. I have been contemplating joining GASA a while back but have been convinced to join GOSA after the courtcase was done. Not going to say much as i have already said some in the post above this one.

But i will say this..wake up and smell the stale coffee gun owners!!!

User

confused0083 uhhmm spelling check...SAGA and not GASA

User

Welcome to the fold HAREGAT and Gizmo, I am pleased to see that someone has woken up and realised whats in store for legal gun owners. All we need to do now is convince the others to grow a stiffer spine. Various organisations have tried to cut a deal with the CFR, to get preferential treatment for their members at the expense of other firearm owners, and now its come back and bit them in the bum. When are these idiots going to realise that time for negotiation is well past, and that government have never negotiated in good faith. Its now time to make demands and not budge on those demands

As I have stated before, this is not a Queensbury rules fight, but a street fight and GOSA sees it as such. GOSA ARE the ONLY ones who have the interests of ALL gun owners at heart and are prepared to go balls to the wall to get this damned act scrapped.

SAGA has dropped the ball so many times since this act was made law, the ANC stated that they had consulted with SAGA regarding the act, when in fact the ANC did not. SAGA could have challenged this claim, but they didn't. Who's side is SAGA really on? Not ours and thats fact.

Perhaps my words are hard hitting, but the fact is, I tell it how it is.

Below is an email from Peter Moss, which he sent to SAGA. I have his permission to post it.

Dear SAGA

Why is SAGA chasing ambulances and trying to usurp the good work done by others. Work I might add that SAGA should itself have done and never bothered.Instead preferring to ship firearm owners down the river with acceptance of the FCA and demands of compliance designed to make CFR happy. Who does SAGA represent, CFR or firearm owners?

SAGA has no interest in the well-being and future of firearm ownership and is concerned only with appeasement of government.

It is no longer representative of firearm owners it disowned by acceptance of the FCA.

Let me point out that some 1 million firearm owners when the SAHunt compensation case is heard will once again be in the jaws of the SAPS trap and be in illegal possession. Thus besides compensation which is payable nothing has changed. SAGA has not stated one word other than to tell them to get rid of their firearms. In other words SAGA has simply abandoned them to the mercy of government and the SAPS. Many of these will be SAGA members or past SAGA members.

It must also be noted that with SAGAs record of government appeasement and lack of determination to fight the abominable FCA there is absolutely no confidence that SAGA would "appease" a realistic value for any firearm. What is my life worth or does that not count because I can assure you it as important to me as it is to almost every firearm owner. Will SAGA ignore this issue because it feels government will refuse to pay or it is not possible to value? Simply conceding before even attempting to put a value on it.

Firearm owners are sick and tired of experts who pretend to represent them but in fact do not have their interest at heart and run from every fight.

Regards
    Peter Moss
    ex SAGA member

Banned

I'm concerned. Seriously. Why is this thread so moribund? As accurately stated, we're (myself included) more eager to mollycoddle a negotiated settlement ("ohhhh... who's gonna take Bothma and the FCA's place... shudder and shiver" as you say Jack, grow a spine why doncha and taste the Kool Aid already!!!) and / or debate firearm grips, whether the latest ninja-killer bullet can penetrate 9" or 15" of Levi-covered life-threatening plastic or not, whether Bothma is a ripe-turd or not (he is) or whether we should publish his official mobile number or not. Seriously. Wassup with this shit!!! This thread should be the stickiest and the most vocal thread! I'm assuming we love our guns and our "right" to possess guns of course. Perhaps the dull sanctity and selective isolation of the comfort-zone is preferred.

Personally, based on what I've read and heard, which I believe to be true in the absence of SAGA's rebuttal, I'm not renewing my SAGA membership this year. I've joined other groups. I've written a bunch of letters to people and donated money to other people. Hopefully it'll mean something in the long run.

User

I've checked SAGA's site and they don't even mention the court case (on my phone, I could be wrong). I'd rather give my SAGA membership money to GOSA next year (in addition to GOSA's normal fee). Did not even get an email from SAGA about the court case and the fact that the surrender of guns has been suspended or that compensation is to be paid. WTF?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast