After many months waiting for our orders to ship Lyman and Lee are finally on the way. Hornady has also shipped another container. All expected mid September.
Since the beginning of the year I've been begging and nagging Winchester for handgun ammo. As you probably know there's been huge demand for it and we haven't received much. About a month ago they told me they would send a container (almost full) of various calibres of range and carry ammo on condition that they ship it in August as their export permit was close to expiry. No doubt they also have other customers pressurising them for this ammo.
I applied for the import permit immediately ... and then there were signs of trouble brewing. I was told permits could not be collected from the local SAPS any more as signing powers had been removed from them. We had to collect them from CFR. A bit of an inconvenience for me but much more so for importers further away.
About a week later CFR informed us that we were not allowed to collect permits from Pretoria either! The lady who was processing permits said all the documentation had been taken away from them and she didn't know who would be working on them or how we could collect them. She also said she was not allowed to communicate with us any more.
And that's where we are now. No response to emails and phone calls are unanswered. I don't even know if they have received my permit applications. So maybe we will, or maybe we won't, be receiving a nice shipment of handgun ammo in September.