Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Reloading - drought to flood. Ammo maybe.

After many months waiting for our orders to ship Lyman and Lee are finally on the way. Hornady has also shipped another container. All expected mid September.
    Since the beginning of the year I've been begging and nagging Winchester for handgun ammo. As you probably know there's been huge demand for it and we haven't received much. About a month ago they told me they would send a container (almost full) of various calibres of range and carry ammo on condition that they ship it in August as their export permit was close to expiry. No doubt they also have other customers pressurising them for this ammo.
    I applied for the import permit immediately ... and then there were signs of trouble brewing. I was told permits could not be collected from the local SAPS any more as signing powers had been removed from them. We had to collect them from CFR. A bit of an inconvenience for me but much more so for importers further away.
    About a week later CFR informed us that we were not allowed to collect permits from Pretoria either! The lady who was processing permits said all the documentation had been taken away from them and she didn't know who would be working on them or how we could collect them. She also said she was not allowed to communicate with us any more.
    And that's where we are now. No response to emails and phone calls are unanswered. I don't even know if they have received my permit applications. So maybe we will, or maybe we won't, be receiving a nice shipment of handgun ammo in September.

User

Default Re: Reloading - drought to flood. Ammo maybe.

Thats unbelievable, and dare I say SAPS are exposing themselves to legal action ...... again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by paddy809 View Post
    Thats unbelievable, and dare I say SAPS are exposing themselves to legal action ...... again.
    +1

unacceptable.

User

Seeing as I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I'll say that this and the DSG saga as well as possibly the US/UN nonsense is inconveniently timed. Now, if I was a conspiracy theorist...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    Seeing as I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I'll say that this and the DSG saga as well as possibly the US/UN nonsense is inconveniently timed. Now, if I was a conspiracy theorist...
    I reckon this and the DSG saga are a result of incompetence and ineptitude and lack of training and systems. Because there are no systems in place anybody dealing with CFR has to rely on relationships formed with individuals there. Now any relationships are automatically viewed as corrupt when there are (were?) some individuals there who were genuinely helpful and did their best to help without requiring cash and despite minimal training.
    Ps. I am a conspiracy theorist, especially when it comes to US and UN agendas, but a good conspiracy requires a certain level of sophistication.

User

So... If this container hits the seas and rocks up in sunny SA, would it perhaps have .45 and 9mmp winchester white box ammo in it?

Quote Originally Posted by KLRanger View Post
    So... If this container hits the seas and rocks up in sunny SA, would it perhaps have .45 and 9mmp winchester white box ammo in it?
    Oh yes. Plenty. If ...

User

Friggin A. Will contact a friendly gunshop to hold me some... IF
    Thanks!

User

Any chance the Hornady container has 9mm bullet feed dies, primer pickup tubes and flip trays?

User

surely getting a lawyer involved would help.
    and if it goes to court.... costs would be on SAPS.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast