Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Are Traffic Police allowed to....

Traffic cop...no, but close enough. For one or other reason it is always those innocent- purer than snow- individuals that always obey all rules that feel that their human rights are infringed upon by the presence of a law enforcer. There will always be a reason why a honest law enforcer pulls a vehicle off the road: safety belt, broken indicators, erratic driving, not indicating, possible speeding, obscured number plates, etc.

Ja, and sometimes a driver will get pulled over because the law enforcer is on a ego trip and gets a massive stiffy every time he can mess around with a law abiding citizen. Were the F do you get off with that statement! 100% doos.

So which one are you? Just asking.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    Traffic cop...no, but close enough. For one or other reason it is always those innocent- purer than snow- individuals that always obey all rules that feel that their human rights are infringed upon by the presence of a law enforcer.
    Well, yeah. If I am obeying the law there is no need for a cop of any sort to pay me any attention. Even less for them to stop me and randomly ask me questions.

There will always be a reason why a honest law enforcer pulls a vehicle off the road: safety belt, broken indicators, erratic driving, not indicating, possible speeding, obscured number plates, etc. .
    Bull CRAP. I've been pulled over plenty of times while obeying all the traffic rules. See comment about the caravan earlier. I've never once had any issued with it once I've been pulled over so they weren't dishonest cops looking for bribes.

It is annoying, even as a marginally law obeying driver to see flagrant disregard for laws being ignored, but honest drivers being inconvenienced.

KBK

User

I get stopped quite often - I guess my old skorroskorro looks shady. That's fine with me, I don't mind the cops doing their jobs - what bites me though is that they don't stop any of the taxis that clearly and consistently break the law at that particular intersection day in and day out!

It gets worse. My wife was stopped last week and the officer insisted that my wife was talking on her cellphone while driving. When my wife showed the cop her call registry the officer very graciously told my wife that she's going to get the benefit of the doubt.

For real?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kreefstert View Post
    Don't shear everyone under the same comb. Some good traffic cops out there.

Actually, the same goes for SAPS,SANDF,Metrocops.
    Ha, another cop^^^^ ;-)

I meant to add that in my post somewhere.

Sorry good traffic cops

Traffic cop...no, but close enough. For one or other reason it is always those innocent- purer than snow- individuals that always obey all rules that feel that their human rights are infringed upon by the presence of a law enforcer. There will always be a reason why a honest law enforcer pulls a vehicle off the road: safety belt, broken indicators, erratic driving, not indicating, possible speeding, obscured number plates, etc.

Ja, and sometimes a driver will get pulled over because the law enforcer is on a ego trip and gets a massive stiffy every time he can mess around with a law abiding citizen. Were the F do you get off with that statement! 100% doos.
    Traffic cops... there are some good ones out there. Pity I have not found one.

I have hooted at PLENTY traffic officers chatting on their cellphones, driving without their seatbelts, skipping stop streets, turning from the wrong lane etc etc etc etc. And just this morning was one such incident where I hooted an when he looked I showed him he must wear his seatbelt. Looked at me and drove off.

I am one of the polite guys when pulled over. It is a thankless job I agree and I might just be the guy to make that guy's day by being cooperative and also friendly. Works for me.

But what pisses me off, and I agree with Bertie1 is that they target the law abiding citizens. Why not go park off near a stop street and CATCH all the guys not stopping there. I have chatted to the guys here at our Traffic Dept. about this... still happening. I see it every morning at a certain intersection on my way to work. Cars, trucks and taxis fly through the stop street... while a traffic official is nearby because they were just directing traffic. Nothing happens. People turn from the wrong lanes etc etc.

The difference is Passive Policing and Active Policing. Which is easier?

So people who have authority do not abuse their authority?

How about you get over your ego trip and we can have a nice discussion. Maybe you can change our perceptions.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Ha, another cop^^^^ ;-)

I meant to add that in my post somewhere.

Sorry good traffic cops
    I'm not a cop.

User

Traffic cop...no, but close enough. .
    Mall Ninja?
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Murphy View Post
    Mall Ninja?
    WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

How can we have a "nice discussion" if the majority posted clearly indicate that they have no respect for law enforcement officials? Don't use the excuse to say that we've got a lot of corrupt buggers in government and therefore, no law enforcement official will receive your respect.

How must a honest law officer enforce the law and for whom, if the people he is suppose to do it for hate his guts? I've had people spit and scream at me, throw rock at me, threaten my life and that of my family. Only to find them standing "bakhand" a month later:"Inspector, help ons."

I've placed my life on the line, beaten up, fire arms pushed into my face, stabbed twice while the righteous stand and do nothing....

Fuck this, why do I even try. Lot of fucking hypocrites.

Oy, Admin, please delete my account, I had enough.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast