Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default What do you think about the .22 TCM?

Please don't see this as stirring. I just want it to be a discussion.
    I allready sort of know the answers I will get, but would like to hear some opinions about the .22 TCM.
    I read a nice article here. http://fmgpublications.ipaperus.com/...HJF12/?page=46

Firstly, I do know it is not available locally and will never be. But as it is a gun, I have an interest in it. But lets say it was available, who would have bought one for SD? Be honest even if you know you will be kakked out for being stupid
    Will the small light bullet really not offer adequate penetration at 400 fpe?

User

Default Re: What do you think about the .22 TCM?

Pointless

User

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    Will the small light bullet really not offer adequate penetration at 400 fpe?
    Energy at the muzzle don't make bullets penetrate things a distance downrange.

:- P

User

Unless it is putting out 3000fps I don't want a .22.

User

I have looked into the 22 TCM, it matches and sometimes beats the 5.7x28 in ballistics.
    What I like about it, with a barrel and recoil spring change you can swap between a 9mm and the 22TCM.

I also like the fact that the parent case is a 223\556 cut down and then necked to .22, and can be reloaded with all manner of .22 Cal bullets.

I wouldn't mind one as a plinker, doubt I would carry it though (the format of firearm does not suit me)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
    I have looked into the 22 TCM, it matches and sometimes beats the 5.7x28 in ballistics.
    What I like about it, with a barrel and recoil spring change you can swap between a 9mm and the 22TCM.

I also like the fact that the parent case is a 223\556 cut down and then necked to .22, and can be reloaded with all manner of .22 Cal bullets.

I wouldn't mind one as a plinker, doubt I would carry it though (the format of firearm does not suit me)
    You are correct. I have seen this about the 5.7X28. Seems it can do quite a bit of damage: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=57

Banned

Had a quick look at wikipedia. The cartridge does not hit harder than a 9mm Para (40gr bullet @ 1,875fps/572ms for 312ft.lbs / 423J) and a pistol in 22TCM would not contain more shots than a regular 9mm since the case diameter is 9,6mm.One would be stuck with an irregular calibre pistol with high cost ammo which and less energy transfer than a 22Mag. Nope, that will be a bad choice for SD. As a nice to have, anytime. If it must .22 calibre, rather the FN 5-7.Edit: just saw the two posts above - I hope your data is more accurate than mine

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Had a quick look at wikipedia. The cartridge does not hit harder than a 9mm Para (40gr bullet @ 1,875fps/572ms for 312ft.lbs / 423J) and a pistol in 22TCM would not contain more shots than a regular 9mm since the case diameter is 9,6mm.One would be stuck with an irregular calibre pistol with high cost ammo which and less energy transfer than a 22Mag. Nope, that will be a bad choice for SD. As a nice to have, anytime. If it must .22 calibre, rather the FN 5-7.Edit: just saw the two posts above - I hope your data is more accurate than mine
    I can agree with everything else, but I do think it will transfer a lot more energy than a .22 Magnum.

I would really like one for silhouette shooting. There is one item where you shoot at 20, 30, 40 and 50 meters. I can't see that you will have to compensate for bullet drop at all with this lol. This in a pistol with a 6'' barrel will be great for me.

User

A mate of mine got to "Finger Bang" (tm BigT) one at the Shot Show.

They are double stacked like the Para Ordinance pistols, which means 17 rounds, and he says the Commander size sits very nicely in the hand.

Of all the footage I have seen, the recoil is also very mild, all be it there is a significant muzzle flash

User

Here's a gel test with some actual data.

Sean
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast