Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: The right kit for a Bug Out Bag

No not at all, different views and opinions are what makes everything interesting

But IMO this thread is seriously pushing the boundaries of sanity.

There are meds for this kind of paranoia.

This is the 21st century, there really is no place to run to and hide anymore

its fine to be realistic, but to be a doomsday, Armageddon advocate.......... common, seriously?
    If thats the case then what a kak way to live, the only gear you require is a bottle of sleeping tabs

if you have spare cash to burn on this kind of crap, you would be better served putting it into a retirement annuity, life insurance, dread cover,income replacement and education funding. Hell pump it into your bond for that matter, before wasting your money on a bomb shelter or what was it, pieces of jewelry to "barter with" LOL

Fanatics the world over are scary people !

Yeti, I'm sure there were a lot of people who thought like you do in places like Syria, libya, egypt, bosnia, and many others. Do your self a favour and just read a bit about a chap called selco. Selco talks about the thouusands of people who were one day normal office workers/ business owners/doctors/ lawyers etc who were trying to escape on foot, It can and does happen all over the world, Being rounded up like cattle and executed or simply dying of exposure or starvation all the time.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
    Yeti... Do your self a favour and just read a bit about a chap called selco.
    +1

It has happened before and it can and probably will happen again - we just don't know when and where.

I was in Mafikeng during the 1994 riots. Many people went hungry there before order was restored and it happened very quickly.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

For bartering I am all for cheap whiskey. People will always want to drink. Couple of cases is a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by gertjie87 View Post
    For bartering I am all for cheap whiskey. People will always want to drink. Couple of cases is a good option.
    And you don't even need a bag. If you drink enough you won't even be able to walk anyway.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    No not at all, different views and opinions are what makes everything interesting

But IMO this thread is seriously pushing the boundaries of sanity.

There are meds for this kind of paranoia.

This is the 21st century, there really is no place to run to and hide anymore

its fine to be realistic, but to be a doomsday, Armageddon advocate.......... common, seriously?
    If thats the case then what a kak way to live, the only gear you require is a bottle of sleeping tabs

if you have spare cash to burn on this kind of crap, you would be better served putting it into a retirement annuity, life insurance, dread cover,income replacement and education funding. Hell pump it into your bond for that matter, before wasting your money on a bomb shelter or what was it, pieces of jewelry to "barter with" LOL

Fanatics the world over are scary people !
    Do you EDC?

If so, some people might call you paranoid?

Prepping on a small scale if you think about it

So maybe dont EDC, and take that R10k or so and put it in a life insurance fund, as you said.

User

The state the world is currently in makes the odds even higher that something may happen. Anything from civil breakdown to natural disasters. Its been said before. Would you rather be prepared for something and nothing happens or not be prepared and SHTF.

I'm not paranoid, i'm prepared.

User

Preperation is not a reason to be called insane. It's not only the "Apocolypse" that people prepare for but what about Civil unrest, prolonged essential service breakdown, Failure of the power grid or water line? There are a number of things that can lead to chaos very quickly with little or no warning. Having a plan, a means and the foresite to prepare might keep you alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Do you EDC?

If so, some people might call you paranoid?

Prepping on a small scale if you think about it

So maybe dont EDC, and take that R10k or so and put it in a life insurance fund, as you said.
    And that reasoning makes it clear why you are "PDH" and not "PHD" !

Guys lighten up, I really believe in the following philosophy, "do and believe in whatever you want as long as it doesn't effect me or mine negatively"

PS: dont forget to stock up on the Hornady Zombie ammo, you never know......

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    And that reasoning makes it clear why you are "PDH" and not "PHD" !

Guys lighten up, I really believe in the following philosophy, "do and believe in whatever you want as long as it doesn't effect me or mine negatively"

PS: dont forget to stock up on the Hornady Zombie ammo, you never know......
    Dude, getting personal without good reason and going off half cocked is going to make you unpopular.

You've no doubt seen how quickly people fall apart without commercial structures in place? Think about how fast things would fall apart without electricity or internet for a month?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast