Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: IWB Carry

Default Re: IWB Carry

Quote Originally Posted by ikor
    If dress allows, an easy solution is to wear a t-shirt which will go between skin and the gun, then wear another shirt over that. In summer the top shirt might be an unbuttoned sport shirt for the casual 'Miami Vice' look...or you can wear a 'wife beater' sleeveless undershirt and a polo overtop, etc.
    I basically always (winter and summer) wear a "vest" underneath a shirt. In summer I prefer to wear those 'wife beater' sleeveless vests for comfort to have something between my body and the IWB holster. This has become second nature to me and I kinda feel naked without this. This eliminates the discomfort from a IWB holster. As has been said a few times already on this site....the decission to carry daily reduces your ability to run after fashion trends.....but what the heck, I am comfortable and armed and that is what is important to me.

User

IWB is a perfect fit for me. I love the comp-tac.com's MTAC, but a holster from Mr Carter with thin layer of leather between your body and the kydex would also be perfect.

Never a problem in heat, never uncomfortable.

User

My solution to the problem as already mentioned by both IKOR ns Corne is to wear a shirt/vest between your body and your concealment garment. Funny enough I have actually found that wearing a vest underneath my shirt actually keeps my body cooler and as such allows for a more comfortable IWB Appendix carry position.

Be safe

Kind regards,
    RobertC
    “Practice Peace, Train Chaos!”

User

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    Here you can buy it in various sizes at the pharmacy...in the section that has stuff for foot ailments...corns, bunions, gel insoles, etc. It also comes in rolls...adhesive backing,,,just cut with sissors and stick
    ikor, interested in grabbing a small roll and popping it in an envelope and posting it off to me after I've sent you some bucks via paypal?

I don't mind doing that but I am in SA until around mid March. I will see what I might locate in Cape Town...surely something as simple as moleskin is readily available somewhere here?
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    I don't mind doing that but I am in SA until around mid March. I will see what I might locate in Cape Town...surely something as simple as moleskin is readily available somewhere here?
    Yeah, you'd think. Admittedly I only went to 2 of the larger chain of pharmacies locally and didn't spend an awful lot of time trying. Now that I'm back at work I'll get my wife to mission around while doing the running around. Thanks for the efforts :ch

You could also try using Chamois leather. The bonus of this is you can wash it when it gets too dirty ;-)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    ikor, interested in grabbing a small roll and popping it in an envelope and posting it off to me after I've sent you some bucks via paypal?
    Check out hailstorm:

http://www.hailstormza.com/online-st...category_id=25

User

LOL @ Hailstorm:

"No actual moles were harmed to make this product"

Brilliant!!!

User

Thanks b20. Got some quite some time ago (that post was from 16 months ago) and it peeled off the holster after a single days use.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast