Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: What spices / sauces?

Quote Originally Posted by VanTheGlockMan View Post
    I am using that wors recipe tonight It will work nicely with my Blue Wildebeest wors!

Thank you Toxxyc
    You're welcome. Let me know how it turns out! My GF invented that recipe one morning when I was sick, and when I went over to her she made me this big breakfast with the wors cooked like that. Later on I found that the onion-and-sauce mix is awesome with pasta shells and cheese. It really is excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    *side note - woolworths curry spices (cumin etc) have to be the most pathetic spices i have ever used, tastes and smells like they watered it down with sawdust.
    Being not a very big fan of either Woolworths or curry to start off with, this is a fact I couldn't really care less about! :P

User

Thanks guys, I've got some Jimmy's and ina parmaans: Meat spice,chicken spice, rosemary concoction(purple lid cant recall name) lemon pepper, garlic and herb for now. I use 6 gun grill seasoning too, love it. Going to try you wors recipe Tox, will let you know how it comes out!

User

Jimmy is legend, Lappies a close second....they are like the Kardashians of braai sauces!!!

Jimmys makes a very nice braai salt also. Very nice on chicken.

User

No sauce is ever good enough so I mix em, I like Tamato sauce with Tabasco.
    I also collect sauces but mine has to be eaten to make space in the fridge for food.

2 Sauces that really stands out is Lahara Produce chilli sauce and Little herb garden's "The Full Monty".
    Any of the Marguerite range is also worth a mention. http://www.wildebraam.co.za/index.php?p=48

User

Quote Originally Posted by boesman10 View Post
    Jimmy's Sauce for most things on the coals.
    Proud to say that we, "Crown" are now producing Jimmy's under our "So Good" label!
    Still waiting for some samples!

User

I have a different approach.
    I take my braaibak, pour in enough olive oil to just fill the bottom, gooi a lot of Worcestor sauce, add spices and mix. Then I let my meat lay in the mix. Close the lid and toss upside down to coat the otherside.
    The olive oil helps to seal the meat quicker when you put it on the fire. It helps keep the meat juicier and cook more evenly. About hslfvway through i add the Jimmy's/Lappies to the olive oil mix left in the pan. I then put each piece of meat in the sauce and back on the heat for last bit. Helps doing it this way especially with pork as it doesnt go black on the sides ss you find when normally marinade is used.

User

Gun Tongs...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

User

There is a homemade peri peri sauce that's made in Port Alfred , and sold in the little stall as you enter
    Port Alfred from the PE side.
    It's called "El Diablo "
    If you ever go past there, do yourselves a favour and buy a few bottles!
    Not very hot at all, but Damn good flavour
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Quote Originally Posted by Hein R View Post
    I have a different approach.I take my braaibak, pour in enough olive oil to just fill the bottom, gooi a lot of Worcestor sauce, add spices and mix. Then I let my meat lay in the mix. Close the lid and toss upside down to coat the otherside.The olive oil helps to seal the meat quicker when you put it on the fire. It helps keep the meat juicier and cook more evenly. About hslfvway through i add the Jimmy's/Lappies to the olive oil mix left in the pan. I then put each piece of meat in the sauce and back on the heat for last bit. Helps doing it this way especially with pork as it doesnt go black on the sides ss you find when normally marinade is used.
    My in laws also do the oil thing. I dislike it. Makes the meat taste fried, not braaied. But to each his own

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    InaParmann is good. Chicken spice and garlic pepper mixed together on mostly everything.

Atlas trading for all the curry spices.

*side note - woolworths curry spices (cumin etc) have to be the most pathetic spices i have ever used, tastes and smells like they watered it down with sawdust.
    100% on the woollies stuff

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast