Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Swartklip .22 Ammo Info

Now that that's out of the way on the sold swartklip does anyone know what the wax is on the sold rounds is for ? I ussume for less wear on the barrel and do u know if its lead or copper I dnt wanna scratch it. Ilso my other assumption is that's why its called SWART clip !

Got hold of a HEAP of Swartklip Sabre tip and Spitzer. Found it in a reopened gunshop in a countryside small town. Not cheap but the real McCoy. Will collect next week.

User

Can remember a time when I paid R670 for a case of 5000 Swartklip .22lr Std...............

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DA Saint View Post
    Now that that's out of the way on the sold swartklip does anyone know what the wax is on the sold rounds is for ? I ussume for less wear on the barrel and do u know if its lead or copper I dnt wanna scratch it. Ilso my other assumption is that's why its called SWART clip !
    The swarklip ammunition was all lead IIRC - I've heard from many sources the wax was only meant to preserve the rounds and prevent corrosion. Barrel protection my ass - unless you shot a bolt action rifle that crap is a bitch to clean. :D

Banned

dip your ammo box edges in wax , or if the retail box is not wax coated, pour some warm candle wax over the box to seal it. ....your ammo will be sealed off from the elements, and will last for ages.

Hi, I have 2 boxes of .22 swartklip bullets for sale if anyone is interested? You can contact me via email at: rjrbienedell@gmail.com

User

Quote Originally Posted by robinbienedell View Post
    Hi, I have 2 boxes of .22 swartklip bullets for sale if anyone is interested? You can contact me via email at: rjrbienedell@gmail.com
    Hmmmm... perhaps you need to read the forum rules before you post again.

User

Super Necro ! But this thread has so much valuable advice, I decided to revive it.

I received a few Swartklip 22 LR ammo from a friend that is immigrating. I all ready had Bkitzers in my collection, but now I have the Standard ones (SP) and the Spitzers. I saw one reply on page one of this thread about them.

As far as I understand the Blitzer's were Swartklip's attempt at cloning the Stingers, but lacked velocity wise.

No my Question, what were the idea/application behind the Spitzers ?

None the less, still nice to have them now.

Thanks guys..

User

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    Super Necro ! But this thread has so much valuable advice, I decided to revive it.

I received a few Swartklip 22 LR ammo from a friend that is immigrating. I all ready had Bkitzers in my collection, but now I have the Standard ones (SP) and the Spitzers. I saw one reply on page one of this thread about them.

As far as I understand the Blitzer's were Swartklip's attempt at cloning the Stingers, but lacked velocity wise.

No my Question, what were the idea/application behind the Spitzers ?

None the less, still nice to have them now.

Thanks guys..
    The Blitzer was aimed squarely at the same hypervelocity, lightweight bullet .22LR copper plated Hollow Point bullet varmint hunting market as the Stinger. Yes, it was heavier and slower. It also used a longer case than standard 22LR ammo. I would not call it a clone. It still outperformed the more "normal" loadings offered by Swartklip at the time. Bear in mind that imported ammo was quite scarce in those days due to the international arms embargo.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast