Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Camo & IDPA

User

Default Re: Camo & IDPA

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I would rather see us self regulate than lose our rifles.
    I see what you are saying, but we're gonna end up with IPSC style non-humanoid targets and lose those little stage briefings we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant
    It is international practice in the sport to discourage the use of camo. I suspect the reasons being that IPSC, much like IDPA, is a sport and there is a certain etiquette with regards to appropriate dress and behaviour expected from the participants. Much like golf, you wouldn't go play 18 holes with a skull T-Shirt or something similar.
    Can someone explain to me how I am dressed affects YOUR round of golf? It is borderline elitist and an attitude I have seen displayed on more than one Skeet range. While I may struggle with long shots with my cylinder bore, there is no difference between your Perazzi and my Saiga.

KBK

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post

A bunch of predominantly white guys in camo with "assault rifles" sends a particular message we IMHO dont want to send.
    Na, we are just 'cameramen' with our gear on enjoying some range time

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    I see what you are saying, but we're gonna end up with IPSC style non-humanoid targets and lose those little stage briefings we get.

KBK
    No reasons to change targets.

I would be very happy if we didn't waste time with those pointless briefings.

User

Can someone explain to me how I am dressed affects YOUR round of golf? It is borderline elitist and an attitude I have seen displayed on more than one Skeet range. While I may struggle with long shots with my cylinder bore, there is no difference between your Perazzi and my Saiga.

KBK
    i dunno about you, but i cringe in shame when i see those redneck boeremag training videos with the sticks in the river... going "pew pew pew" at each other.

i can only imagine that's how the outside crowd would feel if SADPA was to change into a camo-fest.
    and to make matters worse... the SADPA shooters are actually fn good too!

it's a political thing, dont kick a sleeping tiger in the ass.

I would totally support the ban on Camouflage!
    Have seen shooters yes a grown man pitch all in camouflage (at least it matched!), but I am talking cap shirt and pant - don't forget the boot knife stuck into his boot.
    So we would need to regulate chops like This!

Another pet peev is guys who wear different camouflage together. You look like to too cheapscate to buy one full Set!
    I think a ban on camouflage should be seriously considered by the powers that be.

User

You seem to throw these terms "Elitist" and "Snobbery" around a lot during this argument KBK, are you feeling persecuted regarding the issue? It is not uncommon for sporting associations to stipulate a dress-requirement and minimum degree of etiquette and conduct: it shows that you have respect for the club, respect for your fellow participants and respect for yourself, and that you value the sport and your participation therein. It does not imply that you have the best equipment, the fanciest shoes or the biggest bank balance, but that you are willing to do your best to appear as "professional" (for want of a better word) as you are able to. All sports have some sort of dress-code: tennis, golf, cricket.

Here's a question: would it absolutely kill your desire to play the game if you can't wear camo? Is it really that important? I highly doubt it is.

P.S. Every time I see somebody pitch at a shoot wearing camo or those "tacticool" patches with "US Ranger" or "Sniper" plastered all over their caps, I die a little inside. Wearing clothes like that makes you look like a bozo wannabe. It's tacky as heck.
    Last edited by Gunservant; 03-10-2013 at 16:55.

User

KBK
    I hear you, +1.

User

But what about my cammo Benelli shotty?Or some of the okes with cerakoted cammo AR's :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Goblin View Post
    I would totally support the ban on Camouflage!
    Have seen shooters yes a grown man pitch all in camouflage (at least it matched!), but I am talking cap shirt and pant - don't forget the boot knife stuck into his boot.
    So we would need to regulate chops like This!

Another pet peev is guys who wear different camouflage together. You look like to too cheapscate to buy one full Set!
    I think a ban on camouflage should be seriously considered by the powers that be.
    Money doesn't buy you class my bud just remember that. Is he a chop for wearing it or just a general chop all round in his personality, life, etc did you take the time to chat to him?

I too can generalize you sound like a huge knob in this post. Am I wrong?

User

I do not see a problem with camo - it is fashion and you can buy camo in Woolies or Pick'n Pay or the local Surf shop if you want to.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast