Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Replacing One Monster with Another

God help us if China takes over as the world's superpower.

Imagine being woken at 4am in the morning, being kidnapped and taken to a hospital and injected with an abortion-inducing drug, and then having the aborted baby lying in a bucket next to your bed. What a truly Orwellian and barbaric setup.

China: Couple Speak Of 'Forced Abortion'

A couple have told Sky News how they were physically forced into an abortion by the Chinese authorities, three months before their child was due to be born.

At 4am last Friday, a group of 20 officials from the Shandong Province Family Planning Commission forced their way into the home of Zhou Guoqiang and his wife Liu Xinwen.

The officials kicked down the door of the family's home. Mr Zhou was held down while his wife was pulled from her bed and taken away.
    Liu Xinwen, 33, was taken to the People's Hospital of Fangzi District in Weifang City where she was injected with an abortion-inducing drug.

Her baby, which she would later discover was a boy, died a day later in her womb. It took a further day for the foetus to be delivered.

Her husband was not told where she had been taken. It took him five hours to find her at the hospital. By then, the injection had been given.
    Sky News met the couple six days later. Mr Zhou had invited us to the family's modest home in a rural corner of the province to hear their story.

We found his wife lying in the bed she had been taken from a week earlier. She was sobbing quietly.
    "I miss him." she said.

"I didn't get to see him. I would be even more upset if I had seen him.
    "Baby, I'm sorry. We were not meant to be. You rest in peace in heaven. We will pray for you. We hope your next life is better."

Her heartbreak is the most brutal consequence of China's one-child policy.
    The law is designed to keep the country's population in check. It prevents couples from having more than one child with a few exceptions in some rural provinces.

The policy is supposed to be enforced through financial penalties and not forced abortions. But in some provinces, over-zealous local officials, keen to keep within their birth quotas, break the law and terminate pregnancies by force.
    "They don't have any humanity. They are not humans." Liu Xinwen said.

"They must have children and parents too. But they don't have any conscience. This is how China is."

Mr Zhou told how the officials held him down on the sofa while others took his wife away. In all, there were 16 male officials and four females.

We then sit down to look at photos he had taken in the hospital room. They are almost indescribably graphic.

One photograph shows Liu Xinwen lying on the bed. Beside her, on the floor, is a bucket. Inside is her aborted child.

Several other images show the foetus. It is fully formed.

"His nose, ears, mouth are all there." Mr Zhou said.

"It is a child that would have lived if not for the forced abortion. It's because of their cruelty. Look, his hand is very obvious."
    Mr Zhou broke down as he recalled the moment he arrived in the hospital, just minutes after the injection had been administered.

"My wife was lying in bed. I asked her: 'Have you been injected?' She said 'yes'. I asked if the baby was still moving. She said 'not much'.
    "After that, I didn't want my wife to see my crying. I went outside. I cried, but only for a while because I needed to return to comfort her. She was very sad. She cried, day and night.

"Every time I heard babies' voices from other wards, I could hardly control myself. I had to go out. I have lost my child. I am speechless, words can't describe my feelings."

He claimed that his wife was forced to sign papers which said she had agreed to the abortion.
    When she initially refused, he said they told her that if she did not sign the papers, they would arrest her husband and she would have nothing. We have not been able to independently verify this.

The couple already have one son. Zhou Junfeng is 10. As we talk to his parents, he runs around the house playing. He is oblivious to the grief around him.

After Zhou Junfeng was born his mother underwent a state-proscribed procedure to insert a contraceptive coil into her body.
    She says that this "forced sterilisation" must have failed, allowing her to fall pregnant for a second time.

The couple had the option to tell the authorities about the pregnancy the moment they discovered it, four months after conception.
    They decided not to come clean because they were concerned that an abortion may be forced on them.

Instead, they said they planned to tell the authorities after the birth and then offer to pay the fine. This is common in parts of China and is sometimes acceptable.

Mr Zhou offered to take us to the hospital to see the room where the abortion happened.
    Inside the hospital, we saw the room which is part of a fully functioning maternity ward; it is not a backstreet abortion clinic.
    We found just two members of staff. One refused to comment. The other, a young nurse, was reluctant and a little startled to find a foreign TV crew in her hospital.

"I don't know if it's forced or not. And I don't know the reason for it," she said.

"This is a maternity ward; there are many reasons for abortions. I don't know the specific reason for this case and it's not my place to care."

Sky News has approached the Shandong Health and Family Planning Commission, the central government Family Planning Commission in Beijing and the Chinese Embassy in London for a response to this case.

To date, none has been forthcoming.

Source

User

Default Re: Replacing One Monster with Another

Very emotional topic. And the article is written to appeal to our base instinct of protecting children.

Unfortunately, we got that instinct when there were only 20 000 humans on the planet (yeah, I know that's not accurate, but you get the point). Now we have topped seven billion.

Abortion is not going to solve the problem, however ...

Banned

Shockingly brutal, but here we have the opposite. Political suicide to even mention overpopulation, and people that make it their mission to outdo rabbits in the breeding stakes when they have no means to support themselves let alone a herd of children. Our very own "leader" setting a fine example.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Proudprado View Post
    Very emotional topic. And the article is written to appeal to our base instinct of protecting children.

Unfortunately, we got that instinct when there were only 20 000 humans on the planet (yeah, I know that's not accurate, but you get the point). Now we have topped seven billion.

Abortion is not going to solve the problem, however ...
    Imagine it was your wife being dragged away and injected. How would you feel then?
    The story takes on a whole new meaning.

Just because something doesn't happen to us personally doesn't make it any less horrific.
    And no doubt this is not an isolated incident. It's the mass wholesale slaughter of unborn children in China.

All these people who regurgitate crazy stories about how bad America is ad-infinitum and ad-nauseam, will shit bricks if the chinese got stuck in.

User

Hell, sounds like something straight from a Sci-Fi movie.

I would obviously hate something like this happening to me or anybody I know, but we are 7 billion people. Abortion is however not an solution. So we will sadly become as projected as quoted via Wikipedia: "According to current projections of population growth, the world population of humans will continue to grow until at least 2050, with the estimated population, based on current growth trends, to reach 9 billion in 2040,[1][2] and some predictions putting the population in 2050 as high as 11 billion.[3] World population passed the 7 billion mark on October 31, 2011.[1]" Sad, scary and true.

User

Quote Originally Posted by LocknLoad View Post
    Imagine it was your wife being dragged away and injected. How would you feel then?
    The story takes on a whole new meaning.

Just because something doesn't happen to us personally doesn't make it any less horrific.
    And no doubt this is not an isolated incident. It's the mass wholesale slaughter of unborn children in China.

User

If they have a one child policy why did she get pregnant again? Why not get sterilised after the first child. All of our social problems are related to over population...

User

Quote Originally Posted by LocknLoad View Post
    Imagine it was your wife being dragged away and injected. How would you feel then?The story takes on a whole new meaning.Just because something doesn't happen to us personally doesn't make it any less horrific.And no doubt this is not an isolated incident. It's the mass wholesale slaughter of unborn children in China.
    If it was my wife she would not get pregnant again. I would just get the snip after the first child

User

Quote Originally Posted by gertjie87 View Post
    If they have a one child policy why did she get pregnant again? Why not get sterilised after the first child. All of our social problems are related to over population...
    So you happy with one child policies then?

i take it you would be happy then with a no-guns policy in SA as well? Or should non democratic policies only be enforced in certain countries?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast