Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: AgriForum needs your help!!!!!

Manservant, yes. The farmers must man up, equip themselves and see to their own security. After all, surplus maize and chicken can be imported.

Zimbabwe seems to manage fine without farmers.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GameFarmer View Post
    Manservant, yes. The farmers must man up, equip themselves and see to their own security. After all, surplus maize and chicken can be imported.

Zimbabwe seems to manage fine without farmers.
    The government doesn't care about them, the government doesn't care about any of us. They want to raid the tax coffers and stuff their faces, and remain in a position to do so via popular support which they attempt at retaining by sticking it those of the previous regime's demographic. Most farmers around our family farm are geared: radio network, training, adequately armed and trained, right attitude. Have we had any problems? Thank God, none yet. Are they ready? You bet! Why can't all farming communities do this?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    I'm all for stopping farm murders, added my name to the petition. What is it going to achieve? Absolutely nothing. I wasted my time in signing it because it makes me feel better.

If farmers are at greater risk than policemen, then they should start practicing and carrying their guns, and get their heads out of the sand. Many are doing so already, but all the attacks I have thus far read about are farmers caught off guard, unarmed with their guns in the safe.
    Sad when people comes to this conclusions, but also very true on what you are saying.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    The government doesn't care about them, the government doesn't care about any of us. They want to raid the tax coffers and stuff their faces, and remain in a position to do so via popular support which they attempt at retaining by sticking it those of the previous regime's demographic. Most farmers around our family farm are geared: radio network, training, adequately armed and trained, right attitude. Have we had any problems? Thank God, none yet. Are they ready? You bet! Why can't all farming communities do this?
    I fully agree, you are quite right.

The questions begs though. Do you as a farmer need to live with this occupational hazard? After all, you need to feed only your family. Surely there are less challenging environments to achieve this. If farming is all you can do there might be countries that appreciate the logistical and economic advantage to provide a safe environment.

I'm not farming to 'provide' for the masses, but I'm in regular contact with many who do. Believe me, at this rate we better get used to surplus imports.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GameFarmer View Post
    I fully agree, you are quite right.

The questions begs though. Do you as a farmer need to live with this occupational hazard? After all, you need to feed only your family. Surely there are less challenging environments to achieve this. If farming is all you can do there might be countries that appreciate the logistical and economic advantage to provide a safe environment.

I'm not farming to 'provide' for the masses, but I'm in regular contact with many who do. Believe me, at this rate we better get used to surplus imports.
    You nailed it. The risks and realities are only applicable when you live here. Pop somewhere else on the globe as a commercial farmer and you have a much better deal, like Georgia. These aholes are destroying our agricultural sector one farm at a time.

Everytime I read the thread title, I hear the Laeveld Agrochem jingle in my head.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2