Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    User

Default So this was a real blue Monday....first in a loooong time..

Today actually started real good. I was well rested and was looking forward to my classes which ends at 1PM.

After my 8AM class, I had some free time and assessed the lectures ahead for the day and realised I will not be missing much, so decided to call it an early morning. While thinking about what to do, I feel like it will be a good idea to go to Safari and Outdoor and to buy myself a book on reloading or something of the like; something that I can spend time on to read and to learn in the process as well.

I message my friend, whom I have to pick up, as she drives back from Stellenbosch to Durbanville with me every day. I tell her I am calling it a day and we will both have some more free time on our hands. All good! So off I pop to the other side of campus to pick her up and I am parked next to the street waiting for her. It is 10.45AM and there are quite a bit of students walking between classes and buildings etc so the side walks are busy. She hops into the car and I pull away, heading straight down a short straight road. As I change into 2nd gear, she is also busy adjusting her bags at her feet and not looking up. I just approached 25/30 km/h when all of a sudden a girl comes out of nowhere from on my left and walks right into the road while looking back at her friends, RIGHT into my car.

I just hear a shout, scream and a slapping/smack sound as I hit her with my left mirror and windscreen corner. I immediately stop, right in the middle of the road and jump out. She is lying half in the road/sidewalk with friends attending to her. I quickly look around and see plenty of people coming up quickly and cars are also about to pile up. So I tell my friend to get out and I move the car out of the road onto the sidewalk.

Now I am nervous, as there are A LOT of people and since still being on campus, (technically public road), I don't want people to see I am EDC'ing. I have a tucked in T-shirt between me and my IWB and a loose button shirt hanging over. I am calm, quickly assess to see if there is any blood or obvious injuries. None, besides for some black tyre marks on her right foot. I stand back, as the ambulance, police and University security services has already been notified. I exchange details with her friend and wait for ER24 to arrive. The security guys arrive and asked if it was a hit and run. NO! I almost shout, no, no I am here. It was me. She just walked into the road from nowhere without looking. The girl is in shock but as she eases up and focuses she looks over at me and apologizes for not looking.

I followed her to the Medi-Clinic with a friend of her's to wait for her mom to arrive before I head of to the cop shop. The mom arrived and was very cheerful. Injuries weren't too serious, and she said it is fine I can go and report it. So off I head.

Now this is where it gets worse. My early morning is turning into a long one. I have my friend with me as well and she just has to tag along. At the cop shop she says she will wait in the car, and IT IS HOT. I wait an hour before I am finally able to get service. I sit down and spend another hour with the Constable, while he fills in the accident report. I have to focus and draw pictures etc etc.. The only damage to my car is the left mirror's screen/glass popped off and cracked. Oh, and my car is covered in coffee. She had coffee in her hand as well.

Finally, 2hours later and I head off to my car. Now I am tired, hungry and exhausted. I get in and turn the ignition... Click. Nada. Nothing. My battery is dead. Flat. Drained to the max. How the hell?? No car lights was on, nothing. I conclude it had to be a short circuit somewhere, as this has happened a few months ago as well. I wait a few minutes and the battery almost comes right but doesn't have enough power to swing. So my friend and I go for a walk and grab some chow and juice at KFC. It is nice and finally I can calm down a bit. Back at the car a little later it starts and off we head home. I get home and need to rush off again to Hyundai to get a quote for a new mirror glass and I am in contact with my dad as he is talking to the insurance etc..

I am worried about the girl. She is a first year, and quite a pretty one as well :P Comes from Vredendal..farm girl.. Just like I would prefer it Finally after being at the dealer I am able to settle on my couch at home. I message the girl and she let's me know that it is only all bruises and nothing too serious. She will be on crutches for the week. To top it off, it is her birthday as well tomorrow.

My mom is just winking at me, telling me I got a reason to go visit her now to check up on her and maybe get to know her. (My parents are really hoping I can finally meet someone - and sort of me too :P) I fall asleep on my couch while my mom makes food and there my phone rings as well. Now I am groggy, tired and just miserable.

Mentally/emotionally I am drained. Although it was not too physical the day, it was very draining, hot and worrisome about the girl. My car, meh it can wait for it's wash.

So, now I just want to get out of the house, find a mate or my pastor and just be able to sit down, relax and have a chat. Boy, what a day

User

Default Re: So this was a real blue Monday....first in a loooong time..

What a day indeed !

User

Invite her for breakfast to "apologize"

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kreefstert View Post
    Invite her for breakfast to "apologize"
    I was thinking coffee or lunch maybe.. however she seemed very one sided on whatsapp and short off.. Which is normal I guess! Stranger chatting to her and also she probably still in some shock and pain. I will contact her later in the week again and ask if I can pop by to see how she is doing. Will take her my old mirror with a nice ribbon on top as a souvenir maybe

User

Way to go RD. Drive over the girls to pick them up! Glad she's OK. Even if it's not your fault, it cannot be a nice thing to happen.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Proudprado View Post
    Way to go RD. Drive over the girls to pick them up! Glad she's OK. Even if it's not your fault, it cannot be a nice thing to happen.
    Yeah! My mom's reaction was: "Hey! You never know. Maybe some day when asked how you met your wife you can say you drove over her..."

I figured it is some wishful thinking on her side, although it would be an awesome response..

User

Is she at least pretty?

User

Send flowers, all girls love flowers. Then leave it a few days and casually suggest coffee. Coffee is noncommittal and informal, not as WHAM in your face as a dinner date. Don't overdo, never overdo and you'll do fine dude!

User

And if someone asks, you can tell them the two of you met by accident.....

:- P

User

Nonsense. You got her down. Use it now!

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast