Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Would a Celebrity pro-gunner be of any help ?

In the States they seem to get a lot of power behind an issue if that issue is represented by a celebrity of some sort.

As example, Charlton Heston of the NRA.

Would having someone similar speaking on behalf of our pro-gun organizations be of any benefit?

I can't think of anyone who currently would fit the bill, as I recall the only pro-gun celeb I can think of is Gareth Cliff. I recall him mentioning the fact that he is a proud gun owner, either on his web site or on the radio itself.

What do you guys think? Are there any other potentials?

Gareth Cliff article on guns, http://www.garethcliff.com/chronicles.php?articleid=141

User

Default Re: Would a Celebrity pro-gunner be of any help ?

Can't think of any, other than Joost that carries since he was hijacked\robbed(don't know precisely).

Wow, I knew Cliff had a gun but did not know he is apparently "one of us". I like to listen to his show when driving to work.

This might be a good idea, but celebrities in SA might not like to be linked to "guns" - stay PC.

User

Joost might not be the best to be associated with. With his recent exposure relating to drugs and loose women he is not the best example to be linking with guns right now.

Gareth Cliff might be a good choice. He is popular and has a clean sensible image.

Sean.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Banned

I think it's a great idea. If you look at the last few issues of "SA Jagter / Hunter" magazine they've been doing just that. The last few covers of the magazine have all featured local schlebs (e.g. Dozi, Elizma Theron, Bakkies Botha) posing with guns and dead animals. Maybe something similar could be done with Magnum?

User

I would be interested to hear someones view point from GOSA/SAGA etc on this. It seems Gareth for one, is not scared of speaking out on certain topics.

Maybe we should leave some comments on the Gareth Cliff article, or otherwise get his attention? We need to make use of popular media, and get our viewpoint out there.

User

Another quick thought. Gareth Cliff has a TV show now as well. I wonder what the chances of getting some exposure on that would be. Or even his radio show. That is heard by millions every morning. Even if he does not want to act as a spokesperson for us he may be willing to give us some airtime.

Sean.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Murphy
    Joost might not be the best to be associated with. With his recent exposure relating to drugs and loose women he is not the best example to be linking with guns right now.

Gareth Cliff might be a good choice. He is popular and has a clean sensible image.

Sean.
    +1 he had a big fight with his wife the other day too, the gun was mentioned, etc typical media sensationalism.

User

Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Murphy
    Another quick thought. Gareth Cliff has a TV show now as well. I wonder what the chances of getting some exposure on that would be. Or even his radio show. That is heard by millions every morning. Even if he does not want to act as a spokesperson for us he may be willing to give us some airtime.

Sean.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

GOSA has been keeping an eye on young Cliff for some time now. He is also aware of us. I suspect (although I have no factual basis whatsoever for this) that the time is not ripe right now for him to openly declare his support, but we may be getting there real soon!

Some thoughtful comments on his website couldn't do any harm at all... tup
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

He loves guns I have spoken to him about it before

he might also be a great help for that pro gun protest

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast