Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: .404 Jeffery builds

Good day Burner

Thank you for the reply, you are more than welcome...a visit will be great, since it is always nice to meet forum members....

Johan Greyling 082701652

Gert Odendaal 0842062257

E-mail: godendaal@hotmail.com

I would like to hear from you.

Regards.

Gert

User

Gert Sien jou saterdag oggend.

User

Gert, Johan, thanks for a most pleasurable visit, and the opportunity to fire one of your 404's, as you have indicated an awesome rifle, that has been built as a true workhorse, yet the quality and workmanship is top notch, were it not that my priorities are elsewhere at the moment then we might just have had a little problem
    thanks again will pop over there sooner than later.

User

Good day to you Burner

Johan and I really enjoyed your visit a lot, it was very obvious that you are a man with a huge passion for your magnum revolvers....it was nice to see the good relationship you have with your two boys...they are extremely fortunate to have a father like you....you are always welcome to visit and this invitation stands for all the members of this great forum....I saw the effect the venerable 404 Jeffery you shot had on you...it happens to all who shoots a 404 Jeffery...I really look forward seeing you again , and as usual the Boerewors braai and roasted bean coffee is on the house...

User

I spend some time assisting Johan to work down the 404 Jeffery stocks, we are using in various 404 Jeffery builds and two 8x68S builds. Johan is currently doing the in-letting on all the rifles, six of them, he completed the head-spacing of all the rifles as well. I am working down the stocks as he finishes the in-letting, we will even put in time on Christmas day ....and work full time from next week as well.

I will upload some photos of the in-letting and the work on the rifle stocks.

User

I am currently working on a 404 Jeffery stock and is specifically busy shaping the cheek piece.
    The cheek piece consist of a double shadow line ending in a prominent spine. I am keeping as much wood as possible since the client is a person from Iceland, according to his specifications and measurements he is a tall/big person with huge hands, it will be the first time I am working down a heavy caliber rifle stock for a client.
    Johan did all the in-letting himself, it really is still a marvel to observe when Johan Greyling is working on a stock, he really is a master when it comes to gun smiting procedures. I will be doing the bedding and final finishing on the stock. Photos will follow...

User

A few photos of the first stages forming the cheek piece...this photo is just after the in-letting was done by Johan. The cheek piece was just a raised piece of wood cut by the duplicator ...I use a pencil to draw a specific pattern I need ...I then start to fill in the shadow line ...using different shapes of files I work down a rough shape keeping the intended shape in my mind...

Shaping the cheek piece as I make progress...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4