User

Default Tactical folding stock for .22

I saw this nice folding ATI stock for a Ruger 10/22 .22rifle. Does anybody know if it would be possible to modify it-, or make a insert so I can fit a Bruno .22 in it?

Default Re: Tactical folding stock for .22

Almost anything 'can' be done, if you want to spend the money, but unless the stock was very close to fitting your Brno I would say it was not a practical modification...especially if you cannot do the mods yourself. JMO
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

I want this so bad, I will spend the money and let some expert do it (if I can find one), if I have to. I'm just wondering if it can be so much more than just the positioning of 2 or maybe 3 screws securing the rifle to the stock?

User

How much do you want to spend?

It's not difficult work, but getting it done right will take a few hours, so the bill might be more than you expect.

I'm all for someone doing something for no reason other than it will look cool, but in terms of practicality this mod wont really mean much. I can think of a few disadvantages on having a folding stock on a bolt action .22

User

Would you mind to share some of those reasons with me? I do shoot a lot and also travel a lot and take my rifles with me when possible. Folding stock will make it nice and compact and I like the pistol grip and material for all weather conditions. I've already cut the barrel to 17", now I must work on the rear end.

Hi Platvis

The 10/22 is wider in the girth than the BRNO, so fitting the BRNO into a 10/22 stock can work. You will probably be able to see a fair amount of filler material around the sides of the action, but it should not be too unsightly.

Given that you are in Betty's bay, you might want to give John Brussell a call. Hi shop is in Parrow, next to Parrow Arms.

User

Great. This is good info. Thanx.