Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: .22 Suppressor> What to choose

Oh and just to clear up any confusion... The can only assists with the accuracy.... The new crown that the guys cut as they thread the barrel for the suppressor's attachment point is the real magic!

User

Numenor gets my vote

User

KingMST, did they need to do anything to the 15-22 threaded barrel or does it work "out-the-box" with the Numenor suppressor? Can you show us some pics of the 15-22 with the can on please?

How about that YouTube video you promised?

User

Quote Originally Posted by BluScrat View Post
    KingMST, did they need to do anything to the 15-22 threaded barrel or does it work "out-the-box" with the Numenor suppressor? Can you show us some pics of the 15-22 with the can on please?

How about that YouTube video you promised?
    I recently had an optics issue on it, sent the red dot back to Vortex so I haven't done very much shooting with it lately, been using the .223 more. But you got me, I have to do it soon, sorry.

I'll take more pics over the weekend, what do you want to see?

It works out the box, they just unscrewed the factory A2-type flash hider then the can just screws on by hand.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Giela View Post
    I also had a look at those terminator suppressors, found a place in Middelburg that suplies them for about R580. Do you know who manufactures these supressors? I spoke to the sales man there and he said that the item is manufactured with mild steel and is constructed of one expantion chamber and 10 baffles. If you say that you have one of those and it works well. I wouldnt mind getting myself one of those.
    I've got one and was less than impressed with it. My own home brew 3 baffle/spacer no expansion chamber suppressor worked as well, if not better than the Terminator.

I admit I used mine on a 15-22 and not a bolt action, but I was like "Meh". I used it for one outing, then lent it to a friend and have not seen it back since and don't miss it.

I am interested in the barrel shroud/suppressor for the 15-22 that has been mentioned recently.

The 15-22 is threaded for 1/2x28TPI, and American thread, so make sure you get a suppressor with the matching thread. One extra word of advice, do not clamp the 15-22 by the frame. You MUST clamp it by the barrel. Some 15-22's have flash hiders that are VERY hard to get off. Some even require heating a bit. If you apply the torque required to remove the flash hider to a 15-22 that is clamped by the frame you will destroy your 15-22!!!!!! THE 15-22 MUST BE CLAMPED ON THE BARREL, NOT THE FRAME LIKE A NORMAL AR-15

User

My dad recently put a suppressor on his .22 brno. It fits over the barrel and fastens with 3 grub screws. works very well.

User

User

Nice.

User

Very nice King. Mine is completed, now awaiting delivery! Looking good, can't wait to try it out. Must....resist....temptation to test in back garden.....

User

Quote Originally Posted by ARM505 View Post
    Very nice King. Mine is completed, now awaiting delivery! Looking good, can't wait to try it out. Must....resist....temptation to test in back garden.....
    Hahaha!

King, is that the Numenor silencer?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast