User

Question Rottweiler Breeders with puppies available?

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope there is someone here on the forum that could possibly help me

I'm looking for a Rottweiler breeder that might have puppies available now or in the near future.
    We have a good friend who is a Captain in the SAPS K-9 unit here is Rustenburg and he loves Rottweilers, so we would love to get him a puppy as a gift (He has wanted one for a very long time!).
    He wants to train the puppy and ultimately use him/her as his working police dog

What I have seen on the internet is that these purebred puppies are quite expensive (averaging at approximately R8000 each). He can't really afford to buy one himself and that is why we would like to surprise him with a puppy as a gift!

I'm not hoping for a free puppy, but if there is someone that could possibly offer us a puppy at a lower price it would be awesome and it would be for a very good cause. We are 3 friends that are willing to help pay for the puppy.
    We have worked with him and the K-9 unit a lot through the CPF and he is always willing to do patrols (even after working his shift or on his off days) and he always helps out when there is trouble. This would be our way of saying thank you to him for all the great work he has been doing.

Thanks! Hope you all have an awesome day and weekend!!

User

Default Re: Rottweiler Breeders with puppies available?

I myself am a very big Rottweiler fan and will hopefully get my second one early next year. You are highly unlikely to get a free puppy from a reputable breeder, as the time and cost that goes into breeding is quite substantial. The breeder I got my puppy from charges R8 000 a puppy as well and most seems to be within the region of R6 000 to R8 000 for a registered pup.

I would suggest you have a look on http://www.mrl.co.za/breeders.html and maybe speak to the dealers. Some might have puppies that was given back as a result of changing circumstances etc. This way you can obtain a high quality pup at a discounted price.

The only other suggestion would be to talk to the SPCA and see what they have. Big dogs are a bit risky to adopt as you have no way of knowing how it was treated and you might sit with 45kg of temperamental issues. But as your friend is with a K-9 unit, I'm sure he will be able to sort sch a dog out. The SPCA had a beautiful Rottweiler about 2 weeks ago, phone and find out if they still have him.

Rotties are pretty common dogs and there are lots of pups available, however as with most things the good ones come at a price.

User

Another option is a so-called "rescue" dog. Not necessarily a problem animal, but often owners emigrating and need to find a home for their "child". They will more than likely never be puppies, but could be young dogs.

I see these types listed regularly on my Rottie club Facebook page.

I personally would not try to find a Rottie with papers, perhaps for breeding purposes, at an animal shelter or SPCA. One just doesn't know the upbringing as mentioned by an earlier poster. My last big male, deceased in 2008, was a fantastic family pet, yet really good at man-work. His brother from the same litter, retained by the breeder for show and stud purposes was a raving savage that lived in a fenced dog pound type of enclosure as a "working" dog.

My last two Rotties, directly from breeders as puppies cost R8k and R9k within the last two years. I have had numerous before these but cannot remember pricing back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

A colleague is a respected Rottie breeder, I can put you in touch with her if you wish.

I got another Rottie the other day to breed with my male. She came from camel west Rottweilers in harties! Search the web

User

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi-chan View Post
    Good Morning Everyone!

I hope there is someone here on the forum that could possibly help me

I'm looking for a Rottweiler breeder that might have puppies available now or in the near future.
    You still looking ?

Rescue Rottie.jpg