Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Safari and Outdoor

Quote Originally Posted by LoopSoosStroop View Post
    I do my research (online) before I go and buy something. So when I phone/drive around I already know what I want, e.g. 130 gr .277 Gamekings or a tin of S335. Not sure what kind of service you guys want? If you want advice please dont look for it in any gunshop. Ask here on Gunsite or go to the forum vendors. I walk in, buy what I want, leave. So if it is around the corner, they carry large amounts of stock and their prices are good then I'll buy there. Driving a 100 km round trip to a vendor for one tin of powder is not economical, even though I would like to do that. I'm a low budget recreational shooter.
    That is what makes some forum vendors stand out, they are willing to accommodate the little "r" guys as well, not only those that spend large amounts of "$". Hope S&O have some opening launch specials that are worth while, coz that is about the only time they would see me.

I heard they sell 270 Rifles a month! And I have always gotten good service.

User

I've always received good service at Safari and Outdoor.

Though I must add that it gets to be a bit of a Mad House the first few weekends after the hunting season starts.

User

Yes the service I have received there has always been professional and polite no "macho" stuff like you get with some other dealers.
    And because of this I buy most of my stuff from them even though I stay in JHB , so to have one closer yipee!!

User

I must be honest, that I have only received good service from everyone I have dealt with.

There is however on person I do avoid when I get there or I might be banned from their store.

Happy to hear that they are opening a store closer to home for me. Goodluck to the team.

User

I've had a mixed bag of service there.
    Ask the right guy about subject he knows about, and you could get an hour's discussion with tour and you'll walk out loving the place. I however have been the guy standing next to that guy, trying to enquire about a magazine I had ordered. 40 minutes of waiting while the only guy that could help me was showing off his AR-15.
    I've seen PH's walk in there with foreign hunters, stopping to pick up supplies, and thats where they make big money. Those guys walk out with trolley-loads of stuff.

User

Quote Originally Posted by krobar View Post
    I've had a mixed bag of service there.
    Ask the right guy about subject he knows about, and you could get an hour's discussion with tour and you'll walk out loving the place. I however have been the guy standing next to that guy, trying to enquire about a magazine I had ordered. 40 minutes of waiting while the only guy that could help me was showing off his AR-15.
    I've seen PH's walk in there with foreign hunters, stopping to pick up supplies, and thats where they make big money. Those guys walk out with trolley-loads of stuff.
    Same here.. If Willie or Oom Kassie is not there to help me, I wont ask any questions to confuse the ones that does not "want" to help..

User

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle View Post
    Atterbury road is L&W is it not?
    L&W?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    L&W?
    www.indoorshooting.co.za ....

User

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAction View Post
    I WORKED there and didn't even know they existed. Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3