Thread: Bore sighters

User

Default Bore sighters

Does anyone have experience with the Laserlyte product, and if it is for sale in SA?

http://www.laserlyte.com/products/mbs-pak

Banned

Default Re: Bore sighters

My contention is that laser bore sighters work well up to 20m in poor light conditions. In bright sunlight you battle to see them. I have a cheapy that fits into the barrel with inserts. A optical collimator works well - I have one that fits by way way of a magnet to the muzzle. It is ample to get on target at 100m.

User

Default Re: Bore sighters

I bought a bore sight and found it was very difficult to use it outside. It was not a laserlyte, it was similar bushnell bore sight. (this one https://www.safariandoutdoor.co.za/i...er_boresighter) I was quite disapointed with it at first.

I later tried to use it inside my flat at a very short distance of almost 3m - 5m and it actually worked well. I worked very accurately and was able to make sure the laser and sight (red dot sight) were exactly on target at these short distances. My rifle was sighted in 2" to the right of the target at 30m with the first shot, which I think is pretty good. After all I think the idea with these bore sights is just to get you "on paper" and save some time. You will need to work very accurately at short distances and need to do some ballistic calculations, but it can be done.

Overall I have used the bore sight a bunch of times now and I think it has saved me some time and is useful. Is it a R1000 useful? maybe not. I think the laserlyte one is even more expensive (but perhaps better), but the price is something you will have to decide. If you have a lot of rifles and make a lot of changes to them that require them to be sighted in again then it could be very useful.