Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: SADPA Holsters

User

Default Re: SADPA Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Had a look on Hailstorm. They have the International, but it will pose the same problem for me as the IMI. I am "in shape", and with the space in both these holsters from the belt to the actual holster that is more than 3/4 inches in itself already it will not be in spec of rules on my body. The only way that any of the Comptac / IMI type holsters that are standing away from the belt will be in SADPA rules is if the person wearing it has a "tube" to protrude over his pants/belt to take up the space. A really weird rule IMO, but a rule is a rule. My middle section are thin and these holsters already have more than 3/4 inch stand off. I have measured it with the IMI. The space between the grip and my side are 35 mm! About the 2 x 3/4 inch. Will search further for something that sits closer to my in shape sides and still has a stiff opening for "safer" re holstering than with IWB.
    Search no further than a Daniels OWB Holster. I recently got one for my G21. I have now shot N Nats and the WBDPC league with it and I cannot see myself going back to my old "competition" holster. And it feels like I'm carrying a G19. There are some really world class holsters being made right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    A really weird rule IMO, but a rule is a rule. My middle section are thin and these holsters already have more than 3/4 inch stand off. I have measured it with the IMI. The space between the grip and my side are 35 mm! About the 2 x 3/4 inch. Will search further for something that sits closer to my in shape sides and still has a stiff opening for "safer" re holstering than with IWB.
    From your description you may have a different understanding of the dowel test. The older rule books had pictures of it:

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Jip, on the photo is like I have it. The IMI is measuring 20 mm already from the holster to the top of the belt clip. To the inside (side against body) of belt clip is 25 mm, so the closest it can be to a body without a "tube" is 25 mm. Have checked with a 25 mm pvc water pipe. It fits in as the dowel on the correct photo is fitting. For skinny guys, stay away from the IMI. Thanks for all the help.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4