Nodster

Default Unique Combination .22

Hi all. Is there anyone who can tell me more about a .22 Unique combination, the pistol model 'L' of which the barrel slides out and the pistol frame then clips into a Long rifle version, ie: 2 barrels, licensed individually. I need more info on the unit, like are there others around , value for insurance etc. Someone that could assist. Tx.

Default Re: Unique Combination .22

I have seen this french rifle/pistol combination at a gun shop in Pretoria west
    Gun Branch
    083 608 2105
    good luck! ;D

User

Default Re: Unique Combination .22

These are well made, if complicated little guns. They are not that rare, especially not in the rural areas where they were quite a hit amongst farmers. Today, you will have some problems regarding the licensing of these little units, as the addition of the long barrel di facto turns the little gun into a semi auto rifle which is a no no as far as the cops are concerned.

In some quarters, they are touted as the ideal survival gun: Not a good idea for if a part breaks, you are down two pieces of ordinance instead of just one.

As to value: This is difficult. I would value the pistol at about R2k if in 80% condition and the rifle conversion at about the same. For insurance purposes on a replacement cost basis, the value would be higher for you'll have to purchase a complete rifle as replacement (for the rifle part of the combo) due to licensing difficulties.

Hope this helps.