Default Shooting club data base??

I had a quick browse through the forum and DID use the SEARCH function ( ;-) ), but did not find anything meaningful ...

Doing a web search it seems like the SAGA data base is about the most complete list of shooting clubs in South Africa. With our sentiments towards SAGA, and their possible future, being what it is, I was wondering if it is not possible to build a comprehensive data base of clubs and other shooting facilities as part of he forum.

Your thoughts on the idea?

We can thrash out the details of what needs to be included later if the idea gets accepted and gets the go-ahead ...

The reason for my post is that I was contacted by a person this morning who had a bit of a mission to get more info about shooting clubs in the area where he lives. I had a look at the SAGA data base and saw that my contact info was outdated and wondered how many potential new shooters we "miss" simply because they can't find us.

Default Re: Shooting club data base??

I typed in sport shooting in South Africa on Google and came up with NPA, SAPSA, SADPA, CTSASA, NSA, Sapsf Bisley and SAHARA to name just a few.
    Most organisations have their own websites where you can enquire about clubs in your area.
    Some such as SADPA list the clubs which are affiliated throughout the country.

Surely it is up to the various associations to make finding out about clubs situated in prospective members regions easy accessible to prospective members if the association is serious about growing their membership?

Many people are not familiar with the different disciplines and start off by first just looking to find a club. A centralised data base would make so much sense, but clearly not everybody feels the same as I do.

I just think we miss so many potential new members because we do not make it as easy as possible to find local clubs.

User

I agree with you Optimistrix

Could be worthwhile to contact the disciplines (SADPA, SAPSA etc) or their regional committees (CG or NG for SAPSA) to request updated club info? (And get their permission\cooperation in setting up and maintaining the database?)