Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool TDI Training schedule Jan - Apr 2014

Hi folks,

Herewith the TDI training schedule for the period Jan – Apr 2014

If you would like to book a slot/s please send me an e-mail and I’ll confirm your booking via return e-mail.
    I will also send you the equipment requirements for the course when I confirm your booking.

Shooter’s Clinic 18th January R700.00 300 rounds
    Fundamentals of shooting / grip / stance / sight picture / trigger management / follow through.
    Holster work / mag changes / immediate action drills / shooting on the move / use of cover

Tactical Carbine 19th January R700.00 300 rounds SLR / 100 rounds Handgun
    Fundamentals of shooting / grip / stance / sight picture / trigger management / follow through / recoil management / mag changes / immediate action drills / shooting on the move / use of cover
    Sling work / Transitions
    We will be incorporating some techniques, concepts and drills from the Sig Sauer Academy and some from Rob Pincus’s Combat Focused Shooting Programme.

Tactical Shotgun 26th January R700.00 250 rounds Shotgun / 100 rounds Handgun
    Fundamentals of shooting / grip / stance / sight picture / trigger management / follow through / recoil management / tactical reloading / immediate action drills / shooting on the move / use of cover
    Sling work / Transitions
    We will be incorporating some techniques, concepts and drills from the Sig Sauer Academy and some from Rob Haught’s course.

Close Quarter Combat (Level 1) 1st & 2nd February R1400.00 600 rounds minimum Handgun
    Day 1 Close and dirty shooting / wounded officer drills / night shooting
    Day 2 Open hands / knives / tactical batons / alternate weapons

Reflexive Shooting 1st & 2nd March R1400.00 600 rounds minimum Handgun
    Fast, dirty and accurate shooting without sights / on the move / all seated positions / low light / no light / unsighted shooting / reactive shooting / man on man duelling
    The Reflexive Shooting course is based on close combat experience, this course was developed by the legendary FBI agent Bob Taubert and all drills are executed without sights.
    This course is designed to give you the shooting skills needed to save your life during an actual shooting, at bad breath distance. Students will learn the benefits of point shooting over sighted fire at close range, and why target shooting skills will not save your life during a combat confrontation on the street.

Close Quarter Combat (Level 2) 14th, 15th & 16th March R2000.00 600 rounds minimum Handgun / 250 rounds Shotgun / 300 rounds SLR minimum
    This course is based on personal experience and a combination of inputs from various people and places, e.g. Sig Sauer Academy, Rob Haught (Shotgun) & Rob Pincus (Combat Focused Shooting).
    This course is not meant to improve your competition skills but to improve your street skills.
    Day 1 Handgun
    Safety and Housekeeping issues / Circle of Defence / Mindset / Body Alarm Reaction / Equipment Assessment and Discussion / Hands, Eyes and Brain interaction and the effect on shooting.
    Holster work / Magazine changes / Immediate Action Drills / Contact Distance Shooting / Sighted vs Unsighted Shooting? / Combat Accuracy? / Kneeling, Sitting and Prone Shooting / Unconventional Shooting Positions / Shooting on the Move / Determining speed or accuracy? / Barricade Shooting / Strong Hand and Weak Hand Shooting / Multiple Target Engagements
    Day 2 Shotgun
    Equipment Assessment and Discussion
    Sling work / Transitions /Reloading / Immediate Action Drills / Contact Distance and Distance Shooting / Sighted vs Unsighted Shooting? / Combat Accuracy? / Kneeling, Sitting and Prone Shooting / Unconventional Shooting Positions / Shooting on the Move / Determining speed or accuracy? / Barricade Shooting / Multiple Target Engagements
    Day 3 Self Loading Rifle / Carbine / SMG
    Equipment Assessment and Discussion
    Sling work / Transitions / Magazine changes / Immediate Action Drills / Contact Distance Shooting Sighted vs. Unsighted Shooting? / Combat Accuracy? / Kneeling, Sitting and Prone Shooting / Unconventional Shooting Positions / Shooting on the Move / Determining speed or accuracy? / Barricade Shooting / Multiple Target Engagements

Close Quarter Battle 18th, 19th & 20th April R2000.00 600 rounds minimum Handgun / 250 rounds Shotgun / 300 rounds SLR minimum
    This course will cover team work in and around structures and vehicles.
    The course is only open to people that have previously attended Tactical Carbine, Tactical Shotgun, CQC (Level 1 and/or 2)
    This course has a waiting list of people that were to attend last year.
    New slots will only be allocated once the people on the waiting list have confirmed their slots.

Cheers
    He is best who is trained in the severest school! Fear no man.

Default Re: TDI Training schedule Jan - Apr 2014

Thanks to everybody that attended the Shooter's Clinic on Saturday and braved the heat wave!
    Thanks to the guys that attended the Tactical Carbine yesterday and got rained on!

On Saturday it was great to see young Caylin, Gforce's daughter, on the line, bearing the heat and doing everything that was asked of her! We need more of these young shooters that step up to the plate! Well done Caylin! She is going to be a shooter to be reckoned with in the future!

Thanks for all the positive feedback received here and for the messages and phone calls, much appreciated!

Thanks to JS4 and TacShac for bringing firearms and ammo to the range for their clients, the shooters!

User

Once again I need to thank you Ross for sharing your knowledge and skills with us and our kids and for being willing to accomodate a 12yr old girl on your courses.
    I enjoyed every minute of it even though the range felt like a slow roasting oven.

User

Thanks to Ross for the great day on Sunday. Thankfully the sun was absent. Had a great time playing with the big bad black guns

It was very interesting to see just how much the muscle memory plays a role and how easy it is to screw-up.

The mad minute of green was absolutely brilliant.

Thanks again to Ross. Really looking forward to CQC1.

Good having you and Gadget Boy on the range!! I think we'll use him as the crash test dummy on CQC1!!

Was really awesome and the more you learn the less you realise you actually know....

I will definatly be at more of these and can recomend it to a experienced and newbie alike.

And again tac shac rocks and j4s big thanks for sorting out the logistics.

Dylan

A big thank you to the guys that attended yesterdays Tactical Shotgun course!

Luckily the weather co-operated for most of the day!

Couple of the guys got reminded, to apply the techniques, by their shotguns!!

Good group! Thanks guys!

A quick word of thanks to all the souls that attended the CQC 1 course this week-end! Makes life a lot easier for me when we have dedicated, willing and able people on course. From the mails and calls I've received I gather that I am not the only one that has lumps, bumps, aches, pains and abrasions this morning!!

Thanks also go to Etienne and Thomas for assisting with the box drills!

User

Ross, you usually post quite early in the morning after a course, was getting worried that Andy44's efforts left you unable to operate a keyboard...

Pretty stiff and sore this morning myself but it wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe because it was so much fun (backblast in your face, moering the stuffing out of Dukren with my longer arms during the baton exercise, choking a gun...) and I learnt a lot. Sitting 2 and a half hours in traffic makes it a tad difficult to get out of your vehicle though...

Speaking of Dukren, my wife doesn't think the pink spots on my chest due to your enthusiastic use of the Beretta training gun's muzzle is funny. Neither do I. It's still bloody eina!

Roll on Reflexive Shooting!

User

Thanks Adrian, was one that I wanted to do for a long time. I am happy now that it is done and hopefully I will be back in shape before Reflexive at the end of the month.
    I can't help to think that the training we received would probably have saved a guys life in our area. They were having a braai outside and there were two armed robbers jumping the fence and holding them at gun point. In the process one of the male victims was shot in the head. The two bad guys fled the scene, luckily due to excellent response from all the farmers and civilians in the area they were removed from the gene pool.

If only everybody can realise the value of good quality training!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all the other guys on the course, it was great attending with you guys.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast