Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    Keep in mind, it is the start of the new year, all members need to pay club fees and SADPA fees. Marge is one person, imagine 2000+ club payments and SADPA payments to be reconciled and updated. We tend to think that our payment or query is the only one that is handled. This time of year is most probably the most busiest time for Marge.
    This, and remember every telephonic query is time taken from completing the admin, so be considerate when you call.

User

Default Re: Administration pains

OP you may have a point, or to put it a different way this may be an indication that the workload on Marge is becoming too much. 4 years ago there were +- 1400 members, now there are 2600+ (from the membership numbers I've seen.) The number of clubs must, at least, have doubled. This is great for SADPA but will cause teething problems. The Executive may have to re-evaluate the structures sooner than they anticipated, at this rate of growth!

Guys and girls, please take this, and the renewals workload, into consideration when dealing with SADPA. You are part of one of the fastest growing sports (from what I see) in SA at present, thus challenges will manifest.

Quote Originally Posted by uBestRi View Post
    Since I have been registered and paid up with SADPA via my club, I have had quite a few issues, from getting a response to an e-mail to getting notifications or confirmations. I renewed on the 2nd of Jan this year, and despite e-mails I have had no feedback, and my SADPA membership reflects as unpaid. I have seen people on this forum with confusion about what event was happening because members were not notified. I have had pm's on this forum, SMS's and the odd e-mail, but there is no consistency.
    :
    My question is are you referring to SADPA or your Club?
    As an example JDPC has been closed and only re-opened yesterday, so if you had made payment to JDPC as a case in point then this would have possibly only have beenaid across to SADPA at the very earliest yesterday.

I think we need to separate issues where members are not happy with clubs from SADPA. If you can possibly provide some more detail so we can clearly see where the problem lies.

The primary - actually read only official way of SADPA communicating with members short of a personal e mail is via the SADPA PERSONAL yahoo group. Instructions on how to subscribe to this group are contained in your membership letter. Without belonging to this group you will not know what is going on in the sport.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vega5 View Post
    Mine I know is delayed due to Lizelle at JDPC only being back yesterday. I submitted all my paperwork, including SADPA to her, so its expected that it'll take slightly longer. Adri sorted me out for last Saturday to do the NSO without a number so I'm grateful for that.
    I think this may be where my problem lies.
    Thanks.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    Keep in mind, it is the start of the new year, all members need to pay club fees and SADPA fees. Marge is one person, imagine 2000+ club payments and SADPA payments to be reconciled and updated.

We tend to think that our payment or query is the only one that is handled. This time of year is most probably the most busiest time for Marge.
    It is precisely with this in mind that I typed my post.
    If the start of the year is a busy and hectic time then one should plan accordingly; maybe get a temp to help Marge for example. The increase in fees I mentioned would be for such initiatives.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zipp View Post
    OP you may have a point, or to put it a different way this may be an indication that the workload on Marge is becoming too much. 4 years ago there were +- 1400 members, now there are 2600+ (from the membership numbers I've seen.) The number of clubs must, at least, have doubled. This is great for SADPA but will cause teething problems. The Executive may have to re-evaluate the structures sooner than they anticipated, at this rate of growth!

Guys and girls, please take this, and the renewals workload, into consideration when dealing with SADPA. You are part of one of the fastest growing sports (from what I see) in SA at present, thus challenges will manifest.
    This is what I was getting at. The sport is growing and processes and staff need to grow with it. It's not a blight or a shame, it's a good thing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Goblin View Post
    My question is are you referring to SADPA or your Club?
    As an example JDPC has been closed and only re-opened yesterday, so if you had made payment to JDPC as a case in point then this would have possibly only have beenaid across to SADPA at the very earliest yesterday.

I think we need to separate issues where members are not happy with clubs from SADPA. If you can possibly provide some more detail so we can clearly see where the problem lies.

The primary - actually read only official way of SADPA communicating with members short of a personal e mail is via the SADPA PERSONAL yahoo group. Instructions on how to subscribe to this group are contained in your membership letter. Without belonging to this group you will not know what is going on in the sport.
    It appears to be at club level, but I didn't want to single anybody or any club out as perhaps there are others that are also thinking along these lines, or parts of the sport that could benefit from growth.

Thanks, I am a member of the Yahoo group since early Jan, and I am seeing lots of postings there which is great.

Default Re: Administration pains

As a general comment if communication breaks down it is normally between the club and SADPA. Normally this issue to the club being laxs. Either slow on payments through to SADPA or do not get all the required documentation from the member. Code of conduct and indemnity. Both of these will lead to a delay as membership will not be issued until payment and all completed documentation is received.

Club often make bulk payments only once or twice a month through to SADPA especially in the new year when lots of members are renewing their membership. As all of this can lead to a slight delay. Should not be more than a week or 2 at most.

In line with the increase in admin you will see that you are required tocprint your own membership letter for 2014 once you have paid your 2014 membership. This saves Large having to do 2000 letters as this is now auto generated once payment has been made. Admin and queries by people who are too last too read the SADPA website or rulebook certainly have increased over the Years! I think Marge Is still coping at this stage.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Goblin View Post
    As a general comment if communication breaks down it is normally between the club and SADPA. Normally this issue to the club being laxs.
    This does not fill me with confidence. For the biggest club in the SADPA I would have expected a slightly better and faster response. At least an acknowledgement that my stuff was received. At this stage I paid R800 almost a month ago and I have no idea if someone helped themselves to it.

User

Default Administration pains

I'm not too concerned that they have ducked with my money, but I'm waiting to submit a sec. 15 and want my SADPA and club letter for the application.

And before anybody gets all upset, I have paid money for this, and offered to pay even more if it means improvement.

Perhaps it is my perception that is skewed, but I thought the clubs would be run like a business, but perhaps due to the size they are run more on a volunteer basis, I don't know.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast