Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Administration pains

Quote Originally Posted by uBestRi View Post
    Perhaps it is my perception that is skewed, but I thought the clubs would be run like a business, but perhaps due to the size they are run more on a volunteer basis, I don't know.
    I think most, if not all clubs are run by people with real day time jobs, they do this during there free time in between work and family commitments.

I know it is frustrating as hell when you want to submit an app, so hope you get sorted soon.

User

Thanks.
    If that is the case, perhaps the bigger clubs should consider employing somebody, even part time.

Be the change you want to see? Join your club's exco and see what the admin entails.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Be the change you want to see? Join your club's exco and see what the admin entails.
    Exactly what I wanted to say.

There are guys in the cape who give endless hours to making sure the clubs run smoothly. I'm sure it's the same in gauteng.

You'll wait 2 months for a license, but not a week for confirmation

User

+1 Skaaphaas!

Clubs are managed and run by volunteers who give up a lot of their time, and shooting enjoyment, to make the club and club events as good as can be for the rest of the members. I help out at a small club, but I can tell you that there is no money to employ or pay anyone to do the work.
    At most clubs all monies made are used for the upkeep of the premises and plowed back into making props, buying targets and patches and making the experience as nice as possible for you, the shooter.

To pay someone to do the work will push range fees and club fees through the roof.

There are never enough volunteers at any club. So put up your hand, and get involved. You might just be the one to make the difference, and if you are not, at least you will have a beter understanding of how the process works.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Perhaps one day in the future I will be able to.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post

Clubs are managed and run by volunteers who give up a lot of their time, and shooting enjoyment, to make the club and club events as good as can be for the rest of the members. I help out at a small club, but I can tell you that there is no money to employ or pay anyone to do the work.
    Hence I mentioned increased fees.
    Some like myself are prepared to pay for what we are asking, and I don't think people should complain about a fee increase when they can spend tens of thousands of rands on guns, ammo, knives and tacticool gear every year, but pay what is really a small amount to their clubs where these people are giving of their time.

For those that argue low fees make the sport more accessible, it also leads to lower standards, and that is not what I'm looking for in a club.

User

Balance is the key.

User

Or are you referring to standards in terms of administration?

Secondly, some of us belong to multiple clubs and associations, as we are not only shooting IDPA. So adding IDPA, SA Hunters, SWAT, etc. all together it becomes a hefty amount a year.

User

That's ok, you are quite entitled to, for ME I would rather belong to 1 great club than a bunch of average ones (not suggesting any or all are average). Perhaps like cars or gyms there should be various options, "larney" clubs for those who want more from a club and more affordable ones for those who need that option, perhaps because they want to do multiple disciplines. The option, choice, would be good perhaps?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast