Thread: Range drills

User

Default Range drills

So, I had the opportunity this morning to quickly slip away from work and go to the range. I was pressed for time, so only fired of about 50 rounds : loaded mag's with three rounds at a time, practiced drawing, firing 2COM one head, drop mag, reload, etc. At the end ( please don't laugh !) I even incorporated my knife in the "game" : fire until slide-lock, and then stab the sucker. Very enjoyable !

So, what does your typical esteemed Gunsite forum go'er do when visiting to the range ? Do you also get funny looks from other people for thinking that standing in a line while popping of deliberately aimed shot's is very close to being pointless ?

Default Re: Range drills

bro incorporating your knife is excellent well done and way to go! attend one of Swatties courses it will open your eyes to a whole new way of training!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Hdv, definitely on the right track, I allow students many times only one or two shots and no more ammo, they know this, have time in their heads to prepare, but still take a long time to go to plan b, I have a couple of standard drills that I do, but generally just put targets up randomly and engage in many different ways, I will turn around walk towards my bag, and just decide to turn engage, no matter the condition of my weapon and merely perform the task that is called for, to set up specific training drills for real life encounters are both easy and yet difficult, you don't want to fall in the trap of doing the same thing over and over again, as long as you have an imagination then you can make training very realistic and enjoyable, alo take the reports that you will find on Gunsite and newspapers, re create it and have some fun, it will never be exactly the way it will happen, but you will get the exposure of doing various things, and keep on training the stuff we don't like training, one hand double feeds etc. you know the not so fancy stuff that can save your behind!

User

if you want different shooting scenario's check on www.idpa.com and steal a few scenarios there.

altho you can learn lots on your own at the range, it a p.i.t.a. to set stuff up and move shit around. join a club and shoot often

Lone Ranger, didn't figure you as the lazy one happy0065, it is a bit of work to move targets around etc. what I normally do is set up at least 6 targets all over the place, then use my own movement and placement for different scenarios

User

Quote Originally Posted by SWATG
    Lone Ranger, didn't figure you as the lazy one happy0065, it is a bit of work to move targets around etc. what I normally do is set up at least 6 targets all over the place, then use my own movement and placement for different scenarios
    well marriage did that to me.

a good learning curve will be for somebody else to set up, give you a scenario and you work thru it. Swattie doesn't have many friends so he makes do.

Nobody likes me everybody hates me I'm going to shoot some more, how did you figure out that I have no friends hpy180