Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default The Fabric of Terror: Three Days in Angola - Bernardo Teixeira

This book is difficult to get a hold of, and slightly pricey when you do. It is a must read for anyone who lives in Africa. It is a must read for anyone who believes that owning a gun improves your chances of survival in a horrible situation - because it does! It is a must read for anyone wanting to educate themselves about just how quickly things can go wrong, literally in the blink of an eye. I managed to find my copy through Ed Conroy, Bookseller of New York:

http://www.edconroybooks.com/

Here are the few abstracts and extracts from the book I could find. It is rare.

THIS BOOK DESCRIBES SEVERAL TERRORIST MASSACRES THAT OCCURRED ON THE MORNING OF MARCH 15, 1961, IN THE UIGE DISTRICT OF NORTHERN ANGOLA AND IN THREE NEARBY LOCATIONS.
    STORIES OF THE MASSACRES ARE TOLD BY SURVIVORS INTERVIEWED A YEAR LATER. THE AUTHOR DESCRIBES HIS VISIT TO HIS COUSIN'S PLANTATION, THE FAZENDA, GIVES A DESCRIPTION OF THE MASSACRE OF HIS COUSIN AND SERVANTS BY A DOCTOR AND (THE ADDITIONAL) TESTIMONY OF A SURVIVOR. A PORTUGUESE PILOT REVEALS HIS ATTITUDE TOWARDS PREVIOUS TERRORIST ATTACKS. AN INTERVIEW WITH THE BUTCHER WHO SURVIVED THE MASSACRE AT QUITEXE, THE RESISTANCE OF THE SETTLERS AT CARMONA, AN INTERVIEW WITH A TRUCK DRIVER WHO WITNESSED THE KILLING OF INHABITANTS OF A VILLAGE BORDER POST CALLED LUVO; AND POLICE TESTIMONY CONCERNING THE ATTACK ON THE M'BRIDGE EXPERIMENTAL FARM ARE PROVIDED. OTHER TERRORIST KILLINGS AT MAVOIO, MADIMBA, AND THE MARIA JOSE PLANTATION ARE DESCRIBED. PORTUGUESE OVERSEAS POLICY IN ANGOLA AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MPLA AND UPA REVOLUTIONARY PARTIES ARE OUTLINED BY AN ANALYST OF DICTATORSHIP AND TOTALITARIAN FORMS OF GOVERNMENT, AS IS THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE UNITED FRONT IN LEOPOLDVILLE, THE 1963 DECLARATION OF THE FRONT AS THE GOVERNMENT OF ANGOLA, AND THE ADMISSION OF UPA LEADER HOLDERN ROBERTO OF RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE 1961 ATROCITIES. EXPLICIT PHOTOGRAPHS ARE INCLUDED. (AOP)

User

Default Re: The Fabric of Terror: Three Days in Angola - Bernardo Teixeira

Background to the events described in the book:

50th anniversary of Angola massacre and war beginning in Portuguese ‘ultramar’

Posted on March 20, 2011 by morvansminstrel

On the morning of March 15, 1961, some fifty places over a 400-mile front were attacked as part of a plan carefully prepared by the communist-backed terrorist “liberation movement” in Angola, then a Portuguese province. The terrorists, primed with drugs, alcohol and native witchcraft, butchered over 200 Europeans and some 800 Africans. Women and children were raped, cut up and mutilated. Unborn children were cut out of the wombs of their still living mothers. A young girl of 18 was crucified on a tree and her breasts cut off while she was still alive. An Italian priest, Father Graziani and his assistant Tiburcio, were tied to stakes and bestially tortured for two days before being killed. In the town of Quitexe the men were castrated and killed, and most children had their eyes gouged out and died most likely from the resultant hemorrhages. In Luvro the owner of the local saw mill, his wife, two small sons and several others were tied to planks of wood and sawed in half lengthwise while possibly still alive. These are only some examples among many; the photographs of the corpses of the victims were stomach-turning (Portuguese-American Committee on Foreign Affairs pamphlet). The American news media reported this event minimally if at all; at the time they vociferously promoted the “liberation” of European colonies like Angola.
    http://5thempire.wordpress.com/2011/...uese-ultramar/

Lyk my ek sal maar joune moet leen...

User

Met plesier Jaco! :)

User

I believe Khumba may be interested. I hope the link is of use when he sees it :)

I have read about the incident at the saw mills.

Imagine being tied to the plank, waiting your turn whilst relatives/friends /colleagues are put through.

Diabolical.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by camouflage762 View Post
    I have read about the incident at the saw mills.

Imagine being tied to the plank, waiting your turn whilst relatives/friends /colleagues are put through.

Diabolical.
    Imagine your captors grinning, chanting and enjoying the women while you wait your turn.

User

It really speaks volumes about the depths of human depravity. There is no cruelty imaginable that our species isn't capable of, or hasn't perpetrated in practice. As Camo said: diabolical.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    I believe Khumba may be interested. I hope the link is of use when he sees it :)
    Thanks - I will most definitely use it.

User

I found one used copy at Ed Conroy Books.

$8.50 plus $23.95 USPS Int Priority shipping.

Thanks once again to Manservant for the link.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast